robotics

please tell me which activity was the first step in robotics? thanks.

Reply to
hnreza

Robbie from 'forbidden planet' predates that by at least 4 years... ;)

On a serious note (f#), I'd say the Jacquard loom.

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

The ability to grok more of the universe than that piece near to you.
Mike has it from years of Martian discipline.
Reply to
Bob Monsen

I vote for numerically controlled machine tools around 1960

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

Probably the first example of a data-controlled machine is the Jaquard loom of approx 1850

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

~350 B.C The brilliant Greek mathematician, Archytas ('ahr 'ky tuhs') of Tarentum builds a mechanical bird dubbed "the Pigeon" that is propelled by steam. It serves as one of histories earliest studies of flight, not to mention probably the first model airplane.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise