HDL - microcontroller

I am thinking to begin a project/study using HDL (VHDL or Verilog) to implement/simulate a microcontroller or a microprocessor behaviour. I would to get some opinions about that. Would it be very complicated or no?

Best Regards, Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

Yes, it would be *very* complicated even for someone who knows what they are doing.

There are VHDL/Verilog microcontroller cores you can download (e.g

8051, Z80), start with that and work backwards. Don't start from the bottom up.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

There are a few here that you could start with, then you can learn how to develop your own.

good luck

donald

Reply to
Donald

It can be simple or complicated. This one is simple, but very primitive:

Andrew Holme