flipping of earth's poles

Cretin farfelu, : isn't a word.

Do you claim there are no planetary accretion discs at work in other solar s=FDstems now?

Static cling, el=E8ctric (London) and gravital (Newton)

What would make them instabil, /your/ maghic?

Never heard of acid rain, cretin? or gases of the same?

All the faith is in your posts.

and silt and salt

The wear rates for both materials are not nonzero, and the limiting reactand is cheaper than dirt. Look at the shiney spots on old computer keyboards.

Do you?

[wipe babbl]

-Aut

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

Yeah it has. There's been a hole in heaven where brihter auror=E6 may pour in at midder latitudes. Diagrams are on SpaceDaily (I think).

How was it dedobserved?

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

"Autymn D. C." news: snipped-for-privacy@d15g2000prc.googlegroups.com... On Aug 30, 12:24 am, Greatest Mining Pioneer of Australia of all Times

Acid rains appeared afer 1970, when people introduce electrofilters to catch the alkaline fly ash. S*

Reply to
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Szczepan_Bia=B3

snipped-for-privacy@d15g2000prc.googlegroups.com...

tch

What in the hell are you a'talking about? CO2 + H2O -> H2CO3

Reply to
Autymn D. C.

news: snipped-for-privacy@d15g2000prc.googlegroups.com...

You wrote that (from Wiki): "Clean" or unpolluted rain has a slightly acidic pH of about 5.2, because carbon dioxide and water in the air react together to form carbonic acid, a weak acid (pH 5.6 in distilled water), but unpolluted rain also contains other chemicals.[1] H2O (l) + CO2 (g) ? H2CO3 (aq) " But I am talking about: "The term "acid rain" was generated in 1972.[5] Canadian Harold Harvey was among the first to research a "dead" lake. Public awareness of acid rain in the U.S increased in the 1970s after the New York Times promulgated reports from the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest in New Hampshire of the myriad deleterious environmental effects demonstrated to result from it"

The statement: "Acid rain is mostly caused by human emissions of sulfur and nitrogen compounds which react in the atmosphere to produce acids. " is incomplete. The lack of emission of alkaline fly ash is the cause. S*

Reply to
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Szczepan_Bia=B3

WHOA! Let me see if I understand what you are implying. During the first 2/3 or so of the 20th century, industry was spitting into the atmosphere compounds that formed BOTH acidic and alkaline compounds. YES?

And you are suggesting that these were in ratios that more-or-less canceled out? YES?

And when precipitators (or whatever technology) was put on smokestacks to reduce fly-ash, that left only acid-forming compounds being emitted, thus leading to Acid Rain? YES?

I'd love to see some citations or back up material.

But it makes sense and is consistent with almost everything that government does. When they "fix" A, they cause B. When they "fix" B, they cause C... ad nauseum.

Unintended Consequences are the Crabgrass in the lawn of life!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Miller

w.php?id=3D172175

Burt, Bill gave you a reference describing in detail what is geologically measured and how. It may help restore your connection to reality and sanity to actually read the citation that was presented you. Just in case you missed it from Bill's post, here is the link.

See

Now, read the link. You may pick at the interpretation. In fact, please do pick at the interpretation. However, please don't keep asking where the evidence is for magnetic flipping. The same goes for Glazier, of course. There is a summary of the evidence for pole flipping. Instead of criticizing a theory that never existed outside ones own head, and dismissing evidence one has never examined, go to the link and find out what was actually done. Then, fire away!

Reply to
Darwin123

"Bill Miller" wrote news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

Yes.BOTH acidic and alkaline compounds

Yes.

Yes.

""Uzyskanie efektu ekoin¿ynieryjnego mog± uniemo¿liwiæ aktualne rozwi±zania w zakresie ochrony ¶rodowiska, powoduj±c du¿e szkody w przyrodzie. Przyk³adem jest elektrownia "Turów", która ograniczaj±c jednostronnie emisjê zasadowych py³ów spowodowa³a obni¿enie pH kwa¶nych deszczy, co przyczyni³o siê do zag³ady lasów sudeckich w pierwszej po³owie lat 90. Z kolei masowe wdra¿anie technologii odsiarczania w drugiej po³owie dekady, w skali ca³ej Polski, spowodowa³o narastaj±cy deficyt siarki w glebie". Z

"

Exactly. In above is said that when the power station "Turów" stopped emission of alkali ash they cause lower pH of rains and destroing of the sudetic forest. Next they start catch SO2 and they cause lack of sulfur in the soil.

It started in 1950 in London. But in big cities the air must be clean. The forest needs "BOTH acidic and alkaline compounds" as fertilizers. S*

Reply to
=?iso-8859-2?Q?Szczepan_Bia=B3

OK... I'm afraid my Polish is non-existent. The Google translation picked up the most important parts.The contxt supports yourcomments below.

Although this is OT for electromagnetism, I wonder if any on list have seen any similar work -- even if it is in English?

Nice find S*

Thanks!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

How do you do that? I mean move this reply to other sections of the thread. I think I am more impressed by that than just about anything else I have seen on this forum !-)

Reply to
Darwin123

This is a Usenet newsgroup, not a 'Forum' You are accessing it through the crappy 'Google Groups' HTML Portal and you are cross posting to:

news:sci.physics news:sci.physics.electromag news:sci.geo.geology news:sci.electronics.basics

Michael A. Terrell

The

Nescius eras stulte.

Reply to