Energy Storage Inverter PH300 12KW error 80!

My 'MUST' solar 3 phase Energy Storage Inverter(12KW, 48VDC) can charge alr ight but is not transferring power to the output (AC ). It shows an error c ode of 80 which says CAN fault in the manual i downloaded. I removed and re

-fix all the communication cables but the problem persist. Will happy with any help on how to go round the problem. Thanks.

Reply to
Daniel Fynn

lright but is not transferring power to the output (AC ). It shows an error code of 80 which says CAN fault in the manual i downloaded. I removed and re-fix all the communication cables but the problem persist.

I get two interpretations of an "80" fault code". The first is directly fro m MUST, the second from the International Standard for Inverter Fault Codes :

  1. Communication fault CPU communication fault
1.Restart inverter. 2.If error message still exists, contact the installation contractor or supplier.
  1. < Derating occurred > The power supplied by the inverter was reduced to below the nominal power d ue to high temperature for more than10 minutes. Check ventilation Check heat dissipation

Trusting the first over the second, and expecting that this is a grid-tie d evice, and that connecting to the grid requires good synchronization, which is managed by a CPU - I suspect that it it is not a physical problem (per your re-securing the communication cables), I expect that the Grid-Tie CPU is fried. But, before admitting to that catastrophe, have you checked the ' other end' of the communication cables? In general, it would be useful to k now where you are, the age of the unit, and other niceties. For the purpose s of this reply, I am assuming (always dangerous):

Input Voltage: 48 VDC Output Voltage: 230 VAC x 3; Y; Pure Sine Wave; H/N = 230 VAC

50 - 60 HZ to match utility For the most part, these CPUs are EEPROMs, and if not under warranty, you m ay be able to get a "fix" directly from the supplier at a reasonable cost. Good to have anyway, and probably delivered to you in the form of a memory card.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

lright but is not transferring power to the output (AC ). It shows an error code of 80 which says CAN fault in the manual i downloaded. I removed and re-fix all the communication cables but the problem persist.

Thank you very much Peter. I have done all you suggested its seems the prob lem is software or firmware. i have seen the CD that came with the unit so I will install it and get back on what ever happens. I appreciate your effort.

Reply to
fynnashba