Dijkstra's algorithm

hello friends, I am new to this group and I am not much genious that I can give solution for problems of u people but I m trying to learn as much as I can from this group.

but now I am in big problem. to be very frank I am a student and very much confused with my next assignment which is due tomorrow. I tried a lot but I coudnt solve. and to maintain my grade and scholarship I have to be perfact in all the assignments and tests. so it will be a gr8 help if anyone of u can help me out with the following problem. I will be very thankful to all of u.

problems:

1) from text DO 475/9 FIG. 5-13A

A -----4 -- B--- 2-----C \\ \\ | 5 6 3 There is also a link of 1 from E to C \\ \\ | E ---8---- F--7----D Distance Vector problem

Consider the subnet following: Distance vector routing is used, and the following vectors have just come in on the router C: from B: (5,0,8,12,6,2) from D (16,12,6,0,9,10) from E (7,6,3,9,0,4)

The measured delays to B,D, and E are 6,3, and 5 respectively. What is C's new routing table? Give both the outgoing line to use and the expected delay. What vector will C send to its neighbors?

2) compare this result with Dijkstra's algorithm computed last week (you'll have to redo Dijkstra for this network to compare them - which is good for most of you anyway).

3) Assume that D goes down. Show three iterations between C, D, and E showing how bad news travels slowly

thanking you and eagrly waiting for your reply.

Reply to
student

"such?"

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

My advice is to ask yourself: can you realistically expect to be perfect, given the extreme difficulty you are having understanding the material?

Mark

Reply to
redbelly