Digital comunication through powerline

Hi, I am looking for both an integrated (IC) powerline modem and an integrated comunication "error controller". I need the second device because I've heard someone saying about the powerline which it might be full of noise (caused by switching power devices).

I have to build a small network of current sensor at my home, where each host (sensor) talks with the main unit through the powerline.

Can anyone help me, please?

PS. I would be happy to know any projetc/experience right done.

Reply to
SBS

Charles Schuler

Charles Schuler ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) ha scritto:

::: I have to build a small network of current sensor at my ::: home, where each host (sensor) talks with the main unit ::: through the powerline.

::

Thank you. Those are commercial devices, aren't they?

I have to build a network with my own devices. Simply, I need to know what type of ICs I have to use.

Reply to
SBS

Gee, microcontrollers, op-amps, transformers, capacitors, and so on. So, it was a homework problem?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Charles Schuler ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) ha scritto:

:: Gee, microcontrollers, op-amps, transformers, capacitors, :: and so on. So, it was a homework problem?

It's my graduation thesis ;-)

Reply to
SBS

Use X-10 for communication with PIC chips to connect to the CTs and signal. It is possible to run IP over home wiring but it's more than you need.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Homer J Simpson ( snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com) ha scritto:

:: Use X-10 for communication with PIC chips to connect :: to the CTs and signal.

Sorry, what are CTs?

Can you give me a link to a project which uses PIC or ATMEL MCUs to implementing X-10 comunication protocol?

:: It is possible to run IP over home wiring but it's more :: than you need.

Are you talking about MAX2980 and MAX2986?

Thank you and regards.

Reply to
SBS

:: Can you give me a link to a project which uses PIC or :: ATMEL MCUs to implementing X-10 comunication :: protocol?

Obviously, Please ;-)

Reply to
SBS

Current Transformers.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

SBS ( snipped-for-privacy@grazie.da.me) ha scritto:

:: Can you give me a link to a project which uses PIC or :: ATMEL MCUs to implementing X-10 comunication :: protocol?

I have found it :-D

Reply to
SBS