Current probe compatibility question

Hi,

I have the tektronix oscilloscope TD1002, I find the Tektronix current probe a little bit expensive (A622). I am setting my eyes on the fluke I310S AC/DC current probe, but I am not 100% sure it will be compatible with my oscilloscope. Anyone tried these two combination? thanks

lerameur

"lerameur"

** Either current probe will work with your scope.

But be aware, both are low sensitivity HIGH current types - so almost useless for most electronics work.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It may be too late for your budget, but I have a Tek TPS2024,

4-channel scope with fully isolated inputs. So you can scope the voltage drop anywhere, including across any resistor. That's mighty handy for power work.

John

I've also looked into getting a decent current probe and they are pricey.

If you really want to keep cost down , I've seen some home brew current probes on the net.

Here's one for example

What I do is use either op-amps or current transformers.

Reply to
Hammy

I basically need a current to calculate the power factor, so that link might be the way to go. K

Reply to
captoro