Capacitor Identification

Im stumped on two capacitors I can't quite figure out their size. They are small capacitors One side has

470 A1J the other side has 804 AGC Is this one 470 micro F

The other one has;

235 RCV the other side has 4R7 A2D And is this one 235 micro F

Thanks

Reply to
news

I might guess that it is 47 pF (4, 7, and no zeros) - but I might vary my guess based on the size of the capacitor.

As another poster suggests, 4R7 suggests a 4.7 ohm resistor.

235 doesn't seem to be a value - "23" isn't a standard value, but "22" is - 225 would be 2.2 uF

You will only rarely see capacitors or resistors with values specified to three digits.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

That's an odd value, 235uF...not impossible, though.

How is it shaped? 4R7 means a 4.7 ohm resistor, usually.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

They are both a sort of gold/orange. Both are small perhaps a little smaller than a grain of rice. The 4R7 is a little more square than the 470. Perhaps I will try putting the one that you both think is a resister on the ohm meter and see if it reads the right amount. The reason I thought they were capacitors was that they look like the same kind of packageing and color as other capacitors I have.

Reply to
news