can't debug code out of main thread on target

When I place a breakpoint in code that is executed in a second thread on my target I get the following error and debugging terminates.

Stopped due to shared library event warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function. GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

If I place a breakpoint in the main thread, I am able to reach the breakpoint and everything works fine but I can't step into the code that is executed by the second thread.

I have recompile glibc with FEATURES="nostrip" gcc "-hardened" in USE

Using Eclipse 3.1.1 glibc 2.3.6-r4 gcc 3.4.6-r1 gdb 6.4

make options -ggdb3 -O0 -c -o

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Reply to
Joe31093