Capacitor identification

While trying to repair an LCD monitor, I have accidentally ripped the following capacitor off the circuit board. Here is a rough drawing of it:

It is a small silver round cap, with two leads and a rubber insulator underneat. Clearly it's a 25V capacitor... can anyone tell from the marking what the value of the capacitance is?

Thanks!

Dan Lenski

Reply to
Dan Lenski
100 uF surface mount.
Reply to
martin.shoebridge

100 uF / 25V !

Make sure you didn't roip the pcb pads off btw. it's quite likely you may have ! In which case you're going to have to improvise a repair.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

!

Thanks guys! I didn't rip the pads off. Anything wrong with replacing this with a 100 uF electrolytic?

Dan

Reply to
Dan Lenski

have !

It *is* a 100uF electrolytic ! A leaded type may be a bit bigger though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks! That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure. (I'm enough of a noob to not know this, but I have enough experience to be dangerous to myself :-p)

Dan

Reply to
Dan Lenski

Sorry it wasn't more obvious but I assumed you'd realise by the size of the part. SMD electrolyyics look a bit different to their leaded cousins.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

!

In case it's not obvious - you have to get the polarity right.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

That much I know! I know about electrolytics, just not the surface-mount variety. Thanks guys.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Lenski