Capacitor identification..??

I have a capacitor which looks like a yellow plastic axial but is tapered on the +positive side and says AVX +9323 I think what follows is 20uf(not sure) +20V but if someone can identify what type of capacitor this is? I emailed AVX, like 6yrs ago and still haven't heard from them. I know these are not available anymore they were used around '92 -'93, but if I can find a suitable replacement, that would suit me just fine.

thanks

Reply to
spy

Could be Tantalum TAR series.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Boris Mohar

Yes, thats exactly what it is. So, then the + 9323 must be the production date? or is that an actual model number, I'd like to find the specs for it. I'm not sure if its 20uf the print is small it could also be 20uk what value would that be?

thanks for your help

Reply to
spy

I'm replying to my own reply, I figured it out, 20u means 20uf and the K means with 10% tolerance Vishay and Kemet also carry them

Reply to
spy

!!!!!

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

So why were you asking if you already knew ?

Week 23 of 1993.

K is a tolerance letter. It means +/- 10%. The value is 20uF and the voltage rating 20V.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

I knew someone would ask that. He was told what they were, went checking, found that what he was told was right, and said so. He didn't know before.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

innews: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Exactly right. I did not know before, I googled and found the answers after you told me then came back and posted my findings

thanks again

Reply to
spy