LED

Does anybody know if X10 lamp modules will work with wall warts. I have an idea to put LED ceiling lamps around the house and want to control the brightness in various areas with X10 modules. I will use an unregulated wall wart and feed parallel or perhaps serial LED's with some series resistance. i was looking at lamps available. They are $30 on up a piece. I figured a way to use PVC pipe, and each lamp should be well under $10 a piece if I use 1 watt LED's.

greg

Reply to
GregS

lamps

No it will not work

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras

I think I may just turn them on and off, but the X10 switchers should work. I have used dimmers on small transformers before for light control. I might just use manual dimmers.

greg

Reply to
GregS

lamps

Should work just fine - even the dimmers. By the way, try Ebay and get the modules for about $6 each.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

lamps

lamp dimmers will not work with wall-warts.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

The thing to do I guess is check the opperation and make sure things don't get hot.

I just got done intallling my attic whole house fan in my new residence. As in the old residence, i installed a Green Plug. This slows down the fan for a more resonable flow and sound. These things sound like an airplane. Don't know why they make them go so fast. Well anyway, the Green Plug mostly affects the slow speed and does little with the high speed, since there is more current flow.

greg

Reply to
GregS

The fan came with the warning, do not use lamp dimmer or something to that

effect.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Yep. You need a fan speed controller to run a motor. Lamp dimmers are asymmetrical.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson