And Now For Something Completely Different

Does anybody know of a schematic for an amplitude modulated amplifier? Yes, I do mean *amplifier.*

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

Way too unspecific. Microwatts or megawatts? Audio? RF? What's your objective?

Find a copy of the Radio Amateur's Handbook. You should find a plethora of schematics and general information on amplitude modulation techniques.

Tom

Reply to
Tom2000

"Ron Hubbard"

** See any guitar amp schem that has a " vibrato " effect circuit included.

Fender, Music Man, Dynacord, Goldentone ......

....... Phil ;-0

Reply to
Phil Allison

A while back I made a sonic screwdriver for my nephew who was, is, a big Doctor Who fan. It used frequency modulated sound to turn screws. But at 143 dB it was too loud and people complained when he played with it. So I decided to redesign it, use amplitude modulated ultrasound which is still loud, but so directional nobody can complain about it. I figure it would be easier to amplitude modulate an [audio] amplifier than an ultrasound oscillator.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

[audio]amplifierthan an ultrasound oscillator.

To turn screws? Really? How well did it work?

Reply to
mrdarrett