The Ups and Downs Of The XR2206?

Does anyone know of a way when amplitude modulating the XR2206 IC to change the attack and decay rate?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Use a ramp? Just have your AM voltage follow the attack/decay curve you want.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I was hoping to use a sine wave to get a siren-like effect.... The CD4046 can be frequency modulated that way, but I was hoping the 2206 could be amplitude modulated like that.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

I looked at the 2206 data sheet, and it seems to have an AM input, which is what your original post was about. I didn't bother to look at FM, which is what a siren is. So, you put your Siren modulation to the FM input, and your attack-decay-sustain-whatever curve into the AM input.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise