A Very Basic NMOS question

Hello All,

I am a computer science person. I am learning Analog VLSI. I have a basic question about MOSFETS. For instance, consider two NMOS transistors series connected. I have VDD = 5V, VG (dev1) = 3 = VG(dev2). Device two source is connected to ground.

\(Vdd = 5V) | |------out1 N1(gate vol=3v) | |------out2 N2(gate vol = 3v) | | gnd

If the nmos can be considered as a simple resistor with the appropriate voltages ensuring the conduction through the device, why is by out2 showing me zero (I am using cadence spectre for simulation). Should I not expect out2 current to be the drain current of N2?

I am really sorry if this question is too basic for you. I have been scratching my head over this question for too much time now..I thought you people might help me out.

Thanks, Saran

Reply to
Saran

The problem was with spectre. To see the current at the source, I needed dummy voltage sources (0V) connected. Thanks.

Saran

Reply to
Saran