A question about coil winding

snipped-for-privacy@nevis.com Inscribed thus:

I concur. ISP's have allowed Google to effectively pass off Usenet as their own by killing access via them. The net result is fewer people being exposed to News Servers and knowing that HTML is not the norm.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Just because you are stuck in a dead end job and haven't finished anything you started, doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

I was a chief petty officer serving on submarines, not a captain. You obviously don't even know military protocol to make such a stupid gaff.

When I got out I put my nuclear power experience to work as a senior reactor operator of a commercial power plant. But I have no idea where you got the idea of hydro operator. Although I have been involved with system operators that work with all types of power plants.

And yes, along the way I did a lot of work with computers from UNIX and CPM/86 to Sun SPARC and Windows. My first personal computer was in

1979, long before the IBM PC (and no, it wasn't a trash-80, that was my shipmate's). Bought it to teach myself something new. Learned to program pretty well in FORTRAN, C, JAVA and assembler to name a few (I can recognize LISP, CLIPS or PROLOG when I see them).

I'm sorry you have such a sheltered life, but you can only blame yourself. Quite drinking beer in front of the TV with your hand down your pants and make something of yourself.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

Reply to
Michael B

Because the NGs you follow are drying up, you can't extrapolate anything to the Usenet in general. Some newsgroups are doing quite well, in fact.

Reply to
krw

If you get around to any roses-sniffing, here's a comment that was in alt.home.repair that might be relevant to your assertion that >90 % prefer bottom-posting.

re

of

not

day

.LOL

ke

Reply to
Michael B

Come on, admit it. I don't like the fact it's dying anymore then the next regular user. I've a wide range of interests from a-z and all the groups are a shadow of what they once were. Even this one is down to

1105 members, of which only about a dozen people regularly post. When you see a group with only a half dozen threads going and days between new posts its days are numbered.
Reply to
nospam

Then its time for youto unplug your computer and beat it with a sledge hammer. When there is nothing left that you vcan identify, start banging your head into a brick wall while yelling, "It'll soon be all over!!!"

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Typical, don't like the message and attack the messenger....You don't believe postings are now far lower to this group than what they were even two years ago?

Reply to
nospam

You start blathering on a group where there direct disproof of your opinion. Daily a batch of messages, and only when people like you come around, trolling , things get ugly. So improve the group and vanish.....

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Reply to
Michael B

--- Trying to be cute, huh?

One post out of millions hardly refutes my assertion, and that straw man you're trying to pass off as top posting, isn't

What you've posted is a commentary on an article which you're quoting, with the quotation (which you've failed to mark as a quotation, BTW) following the comment.

That isn't top posting and is an acceptable construct.

However, failing to trim the irrelevant material following your quote isn't, so I trimmed it for you just so you could see how much neater and more readable your posts would look if you posted like they do in Rome. JF

Reply to
John Fields

I have been posting to alt.energy.homepower since 1998, there used to be in excess of 100 post a day here at one point...Telling the truth does not make one a troll.

Reply to
nospam

--- SPAM is easy to control with properly configured filters and a decent newsreader, and threads will wind about and go on and off topic; that's why they're called threads...

On the other hand, shunning malevolent elements like you is a little more difficult and putting you in your place usually requires more time and effort than is devoted to answering the simple technical queries expected here.

I'm sure that some folks object to your shenanigans and leave, just to get you out of their hair, just as I'm sure there are many more who enjoy seeing you getting slapped around and some, indeed, who enjoy doing the slapping. :-)

Bottom line is, I think, if the attrition isn't natural because of, say, a growing lack of interest in basic electronics, then it's at least partially due to trolls like you who make spending time here less than enjoyable for those who wish the newsgroup's charter would be more closely adhered to.

JF

Reply to
John Fields

Trolls are hardly the issue, the legendary trolls and spammers of the

1990's couldn't kill usenet, even though they could block a group for days with massive attacks. The attrition is what it is, with the exception of downloading media files Usenet has been is serious decline for the last five years, it's now getting down to the diehards ( of which I'm one) who get fewer all the time.
Reply to
nospam

Ok, I'll admit that the groups you follow are drying up. It doesn't seem to be universal, though.

Reply to
krw

You're posting from Google. It's no wonder you're inundated with spam. Get a decent newsreader and dump Google and you'll see virtually no spam. Google is the problem, not the Usenet.

Because you use Google.

Reply to
krw

You're a messenger? Not likely. You're just an angry twit.

As far as the number of messages? Giganews shows 141563 messages for sci.electronics.basics since early 2003.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

You are also crossposting to news:sci.electronics.basics

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

What calendar are you us "You don't believe postings are now far lower to this group than what they were even two years ago?"

It's now 2010, two years ago was 2008, not 2003. Even so that only works out to about 55 posts a day from 2003. Show me the stats from 2008 to the current date........So far for the month of January ( as of this post) there are only 50 posts to sci.electronics.basics. I'm not the only one who notices thi, 13 of the 50 posts have the subject line "Maybe time to shut down this newsgroup".

Reply to
nospam

I am aware of that, until this week I haven't posted anything to sci.electronics.basics since about 1999. The message I originally responded to was posted to both groups. The same situation is apparent at sci.electronics.basics as well alt.energy.homepower.

Other groups I visit on a regular basis that used to have useful informations such as alt.energy.renewable, alt. energy hydrogen etc. are now full of global warming/climate change arguments with a links to anything remotely connected with renewable energy a rarity.

Reply to
nospam