3 phase inverter design

Do we have anyone here that's knowledgeable about inverters? I'm just starting to gather information on 3 phase inverters but this is a new area for me. The idea is to take a single phase input around 420V

50/60Hz and generate a three phase output at the same voltage; possibly at the same frequency or possibly variable frequency from 10 to 100Hz. The load would be a motor; up to about 2.2kW max but with a high starting current.

Any suggestions on where to get more info on techniques?

Dave

Reply to
Dave
3 phase inverters are not very diff from single phase ones. You create three identical inverters and fire them off with a phase difference of 120 degs. You will appreciate that square wave inverters are less than appropriate for this kind of a scheme, also, motors tend to dislike them. This would point us towards a quasi-square (trapezoidal wave) or a sine wave design .... (where the heck do u get 420 V s/p voltage ??)
Reply to
sparc

I agree, the output needs to at least try to look like a sine wave. The 420 is easy - an auto-transformer.

Reply to
Dave

i have been using firefox for the past few months... it is great ...amazing browser...it is very secure...

download today

regards ayisha

Reply to
Ayisha

beats me ....why u shld require 420V ....

The inverter will automatically provide 415-440V, phase to phase, even from a 230 V supply ...

Reply to
sparc

Search "3 phase"+inverter

Reply to