Subject Author Posted Replies

A simple trick
A simple trick I ran out of I/O pins on the PIC18F14K22 But really needed to check if a MMC (SDcard) was in the slot, to avoid long timeouts for the software to try to read it, as the system must...
18
18

seeking (low cost) HW + SW system for image pixel analysis
The board has 512MB system memory *total*, there's memory consumed by running Linux, your apps, and part of it is reserved and used by the GPU. You may wish to find somewhere to offload the images to....
6
6

Fuse for motor protection?
A small 1/2 hp induction motor is turned on and off with a motor-rated toggle switch connected to a 208V 20A branch circuit. No other protection installed. Obviously not enough protection so I'm...
10
10

Old one but still funny at times!
And yes, it does have some electronics chatter in it, so it's on subject! :) Jamie
3
3

2 inch cube computer works with touch screen
My little cubox-i pro works with my touch display. Right out of the box. It is an amazing world.
8
8

More Pharma Fraud from India

Twin Spherical Antennae - What For?
I reccently saw a white van crusing around with two spherical antennae mounted on the roof. They were about a meter in diameter. Due to the finish, they appeared to be actual antennae, not just...
8
8

Sampler diodes with more barrier height?
Folks, After John Larkin sent me SMS7621 Schottky RF diodes I played around with them in the lab. While they perform nicely at room temperature everything goes to pots at a slightly elevated...
93
93

NE555 seems to have changed in one of the LtSpice updates?
Today I dropped the NE555 on the form and noticed the OUTPUT was matching the Vcc? This isn't correct and I am sure this has not been this way in the past. Also, when I use a pull up R from another...
2
2

OT: Microsoft Lync
A new client uses Microsoft Lync for Instant Messaging. At my office I use Skype. I understand there's a way to set up a link ;-) between the two, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have been...
2
2

predicting chaotic systems
1
1

OLED on PIC18
Wrote the logging code to 24LC1025 EEPROM, 2.5 days logging of counts per minute, time, and GPS position. Ported the GM counter code. Added Lipo battery control. Wrote the basic SDcard code, write...
1
1

X-Y CCD array availability?
I have wanted to have a low-cost imaging chip, similar to what's in a web c am or CCTV type camera, that is available to the experimenter. There are ma ny biomedical cell measurements that are best...
28
28

$500,000 scope
-Lasse
31
31

Re-imagined Baxandall photomultiplier power supply
This is a slightly modified version of the original circuit, with a Cockcro ft- Walton voltage doubler to reduce the number of turns on the secondary. It turns out that Greinacher invented it a decade...
24
24