Subject Author Posted Replies

equation for dB filter frequencies if you know cut off
Hello, If you know the -3dB point of a single pole low pass filter, is there an equation you can use to find your dB at other frequencies relative to the cut off? For example I know that my -3dB cut...
8
8

Power Inverter: 150V DC to 110V AC
This is related to several thread. I happen to work on these area and visited these threads: Prototype pcb boards Amplifying Millvolt to Volts Fet (power) specs Here is the full bridge unfolding...

Frequency synthesis, and a variable attenuator for up to 200MHz
This is a two part question really. I have done a lot of googling to see what chips are common these days. There used to be various Motorola PLLs but all seem to have been discontinued. The popular...
15
15

prototype pcb boards
I just ordered some pcb prototype boards from China via Ebay. They are Ebay item # 301003473093 They look like they would be handy for small projects. But thought I would ask the group if there are...
17
17

Vector Signal Analyzer vs. Spectrum Analyzer
We are considering purchase of a Agilent E4406A Vector Signal Analyzer. Can anyone please advise what is the difference, in terms of operational capabilities, between this and a spectrum analyzer of...
11
11

Mini TOSlink Module ID?
I just acquired a bunch of boards with mini TOSlink modules, but I have n o idea which are the transmitters and which are the receivers. A semi-casua l Google seems to indicate that they both use...
3
3

ST semi - CHN063AB.
Anyone know whether this is a thinly disguised MC34063? Its definitely a switcher of some sort. Thanks.

OT: Firefox... Go Back a Version
Firefox v27.0.1 has "issues" with older SSL certificates. How does one go back one or more versions? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
11
11

Boost DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of Boost converter DC-DC converter is ready. Boost DC-DC converter has output voltage always higher then the input. This makes it particularly useful in battery systems as well as...

Soldering stainless steel wire
I've managed to get a small DIY spot-welder going, but I'm finding that the metals I can successfully spot-weld (nichrome wire, and stainless steel wire, so far) cannot be soldered, which for one of...
46
46

Amplifiying Millivolt to Volts
Hi guys, I trying to amplify 10 millivolts into 1 or more volts I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. I'm really in a rush so please resond quickly.
38
38

Modulate One Output of CD4060 With Another
I have a CD4060 running off a 32.768KHz clock xtal. The 16Hz output is converted to a triangle wave. I would like to use this to amplitude modulate the 2.048KHz output of the same IC. What is the...
15
15

DC coupled oscilloscopes!
"While the upper-frequency limit of an oscilloscope does determine price, the effectiveness for some measurements. Some measurements, such as electromagnetic-interference (EMI) testing, require a...
3
3

Oscilloscopes and signal "ranging"
I'm wanting to experiment with circuits for signal conditioning, like precision rectifiers and auto ranging to best utilize the span of A/D converters. Is there a name for the type of circuit that...
9
9

Fet (power) specs
Hi all, I don't know mosfets very well. I was trolling digikey looking for a p-chan. Fet that I coud use as a heater. A few watts. WTF is up with the power specs. I find some little fet that claims 3...
19
19