Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Rotate MP4
I took an MP4 video with my Olympus camera oriented in the portrait orientation, but it plays back on my PC as landscape, so you have to tilt your head :-( Is there a software to rotate such a...
16
16

2.4 GHz linear board....
2.4 GHz linear board from ebay came today: This is what the PCB looks like: And this is the other side, the copper bottom heat spreader, PCB and heatspreader are one thing: It is an interesting board,...
19
19

Nobel price physics for blue LED inventors
Nobel price physics for blue LED inventors Shuji Nakamura, Isamu Akasaki und Hiroshi Amano In German: I think this is right. http://www.tagesschau.de/ausland/nobelpreis-physik-105.html
15
15

engineering attitude adjustment
I find that wearing nice soft, warm, fuzzy slippers makes work much more enjoyable. Try it. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att...
8
8

Third hand for soldering
We've been using this for temporary holding-of-things for a couple of years, and find it endlessly useful. We buy it at the office supply. I think it's intended for sticking posters to bulletin boards...
12
12

OT: Stainless Steel Cleaner
With my wife in ill health many of the household chores have become mine. Just tried cleaning all the stainless steel appliances with Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes. TERRIBLE! Leaves streaks which are...
29
29

DC supply on AC CCTV camera
Hi, I have a bunch of (identical) CCTV cameras that I've been asked to set up for a group, here. They require "24VAC" as power. Of course, it is MUCH easier for me to provide a *DC* supply (lots of...
32
32

Bullard Hackspace?
Bullard doesn't have a hackspace, would it be a good idea to start one, I know plenty of people who would like one.

analog temperature sensor
Hi. I need suggestion regarding buy of analog sensor. Unfortunately , the sensor has to be analog and it has to output some voltage range. Ideal range would be between 0 - 24V. If it's lower range we...
44
44

Power Supply for Dust Buster
My wife was given a Dust Buster because it didn't work. After a detailed inspection, aha! there are no Batteries. It's not worth buying batteries, but I would spend some time at my bench whatching...
16
16

7-segment LCD to BCD decoder ?
Assuming one back-plane to consider , what would be most efficient component-count/least complex discrete/CMOS/74 route , ie not pic/Pi/uC to firstly convert the ex-oring business to proper levels and...
83
83

(On Topic) Work of Art
Love those Trinitron monitors. Great design throughout. Tim
19
19

PIC32 LED blinker
I am repeating this LED blinker: except for PIC32MX150F128B and using 4.7uF on AVDD, AVSS and VDD, VSS. I a m also using 8MHz crystal plus 2 18pF filter cap. I solder on breadboard a nd connections...
16
16

Making Independent Gaussian White Noise Sources
Regarding making independent noise sources, there was a thread that ran earlier, but comments in that thread never really ever produced a very 'satisfactory' solution; so here's one: It is my...
1
1

LDO Noise rejection
I am dealing with an IC house that is designing an ASIC with a LDO included. The input voltage is 9Vdc with 0.5Vpp ripple at 700KHz and 9.0Vout at 30mA. The output current has 30mApp of ripple...
96
96