Subject Author Posted Replies

Export from TI Webench to Eagle Doesn't Work
I created a circuit using Webench and tried exporting it to Eagle. It always fails. When I choose OrCad it completes fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not something wrong on my end. Has anyone here...
3
3

ball-hours
I just analyzed two products that we have been shipping for three years or so, looking for BGA connection failures. We've shipped over 1000 total units, about 10 million unit-hours in the field,...
66
66

to reveil the tera waves...
..can i reveil the terawaves , using the IN3s ? ..i can make only an elementary circuit ...
3
3

OT: Romney Cracks Joke
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
1
1

A single line of code....
A while back I was trying to receive AIS (ship traffic, bit like radar) messages with a rtl_sdr stick. Those are around 160 MHz or so, but need an extremely precise frequency setting. Using rtl_fm and...
2
2

OT: court question
I know many people here have legal experiences. I have a case hearing in LV District Court (Appeal Court) in December. I e xpect to appeal at least partially to the Nevada Supreme Court as well as s...
41
41

Beryllium Oxide insulators
I am trying to find Beryllium insulator for TO-247. Anybody know of a source? regards, Bob N9NEO
44
44

Trouble configuring Virtex-5 FPGA using JTAG
I'm trying to configure a Virtex-5 FPGA on a custom board and I'm using Xil inx iMPACT in order to program the FPGA using a JTAG interface. But iMPACT has trouble detecting the FPGA and gives an error...
1
1

Inductive Coupling Coefficient
I need a SWAG on this, just to see if it's feasible... Two inductors (solenoids) with Ferrite cores, each ~5mm in diameter and separated by ~5mm spacing. What coupling coefficient might I expect?...
48
48

Electrical variations
In my inbox from a friend wondering "how this can be so..." -----8
10
10

Calculating GSM Wavelength in Salt Water
Can someone please verify or correct the following calculations? 900MHz = 33.3cm. Divide by 1.4 (specific gravity of sea water) = 23.8cm wavelength of 900MHz in sea water. Thanks, Rober Wade
23
23

Linear motors for hobbyists?
I'd like to build a small, high-precision CNC machine, and I'm trying to find an ironless linear motor. Baldor's LMCF series would have been ideal, but it looks like they're no longer available. I've...
14
14

OT: "Minmum" wage crap
From an S&A newsletter: I could explain, using a million examples, why minimum-wage laws are terrible for poor people. That isn't in doubt. When wages rise above the marginal value of labor, there is...
152
152

"Safe" way of running Flash under Firefox
Hi, I tend NOT to install Flash on outward facing machines just to eliminate one more set of bugs, opportunity for advertisers, cookie jar, etc. SWMBO has been increasingly grumbling about not being...
14
14

Skybuck's method to create a warp bubble/field.
Hello, Apperently negative energy is needed to create a warp bubble/field. Apperently negative energy is created when light bounces of a moving mirror. The following "invention/idea" may create more...
5
5