Subject Author Posted Replies

low crosstalk analog mux
On a multiple-output waveform generator box, I want to have a test connector that can be programmed to snoop one of eight analog signals. The frequency range is up to about 1 MHz, and I'd like to keep...
25
25

CFSI
CFSI Conflict Free smelter lists published 16 October are now loaded into BOMcheck

Creepage and clearance requirements in vacuum
Where could I find requirements for creepage and clearance distances for electronics in a vacuum (1e-5 mbar) environment? The EN-IEC 61010-1 specifies these distances for use in air and also lists...
9
9

PING: Kevin Aylward, Diode Model Question
Hi Kevin, Suppose I wanted to model JUST the capacitance portion of a diode? No DC current, etc. The equation "fold-over" at VD~FC*VJ looks to be PITA to implement. Maybe you know of a way to trick a...
8
8

One switch inverter - experience?
Do somebody have experience with this one switch inverter?: Here is a one switch inverter - but besides the one switch, it also has two parallel coupled reverse-blocking-switches closer to the output,...
15
15

Power factor correction circuits
Power factor correction circuits are essential part of modern household power supplies. These circuit have a feature of behaving almost as a pure resistive load to the power network, and obtaining DC...
32
32

Ping JL: High-Voltage White LEDs
John, a while ago you mentioned testing some high voltage white LEDs. Here is a partial copy of your post: John Lark > I got a bunch of assorted high-voltage white LEDs, from 6 to 23 > volts. > > They...
50
50

OT: Schadenfreude
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
9
9

OT: disabling a driver at boot time in Linux kernel
Hi, I'm looking for information (keywords for a search?) regarding the *user interface* that allows selected drivers in a particular kernel to be effectively excised during the boot. So, the boot...
36
36

Ip cameras and poe switch
Hi. Am planning to hook up 4 POE IP cameras to poe switch. POE switch is around 150W, but am not sure. The switch is connected to IP DVR. Distance between cameras and switch is around 80 meters and we...
12
12

Refractive Index and Wavelength
OK. I am still looking for closure on this question, and have attempted to word it correctly this time. When a 900MHz signal passes through a container of salt water the wavelength changes from about...
11
11

OT: For the Snarky POS Democrats
Republicans gave CDC _more_ than Obama requested... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...

Si-C MOSFET body diode
So I am testing a C2M002512D body diode, see attached. I have two test setups at 25C with different results. 1, Short G to S and apply -1.0ma of current from D to S; measure Vds = -1.07V 2, Apply...
5
5

Re: Just saw the coolest T-shirt
Free stuff? Are you talking about the military contractors that get handed money hand over fist? Yes, I agree with you. The US has given away too much money to corporations, AKA corporate welfare....

OT: Funding for Ebola
Seems the Democrats, Hillary in particular, are claiming that CDC lacks funding to treat Ebola because the GOP withheld funds. Hmmmm? Seems the Dems used those funds for something more important......
144
144