Subject Author Posted Replies

USB shield at device.
What to do with the USB cable shield at the device end? a) Leave it unconnected? b) Connect it directly to signal ground? c) Connect to signal ground via some impedance? Of those, (a) seems to be a...
152
152

Job Application
There was a discussion recently on finding qualified job applicants. Here's one that applied at McDonalds and they hired him for his honesty. You don't see that very often:
10
10

homeland security
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
30
30

Thermal Imagers for PCB testing
Designing power electronics requires thermal testing and I would like to purchase a hand held thermal Imager in the
13
13

Millions Down the Drain to Free Religious Nutcase....
A "street department" employee no less- A US citizen freed from detention in North Korea receives an emotional homecoming in Ohio as Washington works to release two other Americans.
7
7

Skunk Works Reveals Compact Fusion Reactor Details
We have been seeing little detail-free teasers that Lockheed-Martin's Skunk Works had come up with a new approach to hydrogen fusion. The article came in the 15 October 2014 issue of Aviation Week, on...
38
38

Display module for front panel, with softkeys?
Folks, Looking for a simple control interface. It should ideally be a module that can be screwed or snapped into a front panel cutout and contain this: 1. A backlit LCD/TFT/whatever monitor of 1.5" or...
18
18

Spice mosfet dissipation
Is there an easy way to get a graph of mosfet power dissipation vs time, or, alternately, to compute the dissipation within some time window on the transient analysis? I guess I could do a behavioral...
8
8

OT: vaccine and natural immune response differences
Hi, Here's an article on a paper that shows that natural immunity is superior to vaccine induced "immunity", since the natural immune response is proven to strengthen the innate immune system:...
52
52

frequency counter with offset for 10 Euro
Here testing with the Rubidium reference: Here the circuit diagram that nobody can read: Here the asm source code that nobody can assemble: Here the hex file in case you can program that into a PIC...
7
7

Stott on Romans 8
Love P -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 hobbs at...
2
2

Help regarding schematics
Hi to all. Ok, i got a bit strange situation. I have one analog gas probe that has range from 0 - 180 Ohm ( 0- 2V ). The device that reads the values of this probe awaits values from 0 - 24V so i'v...
20
20

OPC driver/Software question
I have a device that I made and it has RS485 on it, I put a compatible Modbus firmware in it and wrote a DDE server for the windows HMI front end, which seems to work with the custom HMI I wrote and...

History of the "quantum of action" (1900-1927) / by Socratus /
History of the "quantum of action" (1900-1927) / by Socratus / a) In 1900 Planck united together two formulas ( Rayleigh-Jeansfor for long and Wien's for short wavelengths) and then divided them. He...
7
7

Which oscillator?
Hi folks. I'm looking to choose a couple of oscillators for 3rd world construction/use, and I'm very rusty on the properties of the numerous options. What's essential: - reasonably frequency stable...
31
31