Subject Author Posted Replies

LTSpice Slowdown
I have a circuit using an LTC3109 that simulates just fine. But it uses two unipolar voltage generators where the real circuit will use just one source which can change polarity. When I replace the...
16
16

Back to Back PMOS FETs
I'm not sure how this circuit works. The circuit is a boost for low voltage, low impedance power sources. That's fine, I understand that basically. But I asked LT about a way to shut it down and this...
12
12

OT: Best Freezer Temperature.
Defrosting our upright freezer I discovered that, during the move, the the time :-( What's the best temperature to set it at? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et |...
52
52

Automation Makes Us Dumb
I really believe this is happening... New College Graduates (aka NCG's) seem to have no imagination whatsoever, with boring personalities to match. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
35
35

Network crossover cable markings
Hi, I got bit, today, by an "unmarked", store-bought patch cord that was, in fact, a crossover cable. After a fair bit of time wondering why "nothing works", I went back to basics and found the...
10
10

"engineers should embrace the role of the arts"
That's backwards. Artists should embrace the role of engineering. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
25
25

Inexpensive sources for contact cleaners?
Like the GC Electronics 19-1902 fer eggzampull? Need only one bottle, not a case. If i remember correctly, this DE-OX-ID was reddish in color and was the super-daddy to their 10-630 JIF-ACTION...
7
7

interesting thing about renewable energy
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
101
101

fluxgate magnetometer
Hi, Can anyone suggest a small 3 axis fluxgate magnetometer that has high sensitivity and is relatively cheap and lightweight for putting on a UAV for mapping local magnetic fields? cheers, Jamie
26
26

eddy currents? Floating hooverboard on conductiove surface
Floating hooverboard on conductiove surface:
31
31

Reducing current
I'm designing a wire-break alarm for 3rd world use, so it needs to have min imal component count, and use only components that will be in common use fo r a long time, so no specific ICs. Also no...
24
24

Solutions to 'The Art of Electronics' exercises (2023 Update)
Is there any chance to get the solutions for the many exercises, found through Chapter 1-15 of that brilliant electronics teaching book?
42
42

Handling HSpice Files
HSpice2PSpiceNewEdit.pdf, on the Simulation Tools & Macros Page of my website, has been updated with some new library format information. While the title says PSpice, the techniques apply to all...

Noise and Bandwidth
Back in the day, you'd measure noise with a true RMS meter and specified bandpass, and that was that. Now, with DSOs, it's still the same. RMS is done by sampling and integration, which comes from the...
21
21

Current mirror
Current mirror is inevitable part of input stage of operational amplifiers. Current mirror behaves almost as perfect current source in small current signals application and it has excellent...
4
4