Subject Author Posted Replies

Novel Passive Radiative Cooling
This is more physics curiosity than anything else but since it uses semiconductor fab line technology in its manufacture is of interest. A passive device that uses layers of silicon and dielectric to...
28
28

OT: Gee, a letter from Homeland Security...
...must be important? Copy below (note poor use of language,etc): FROM .. HOME LAND SECURITY DEPARTMENT!! MG Timothy J. Lowenberg,Adjutant General and Director State Military Department Washington...
3
3

Infamous aluminum-lifting electromagnet, DIY proj
Is this 1950s? DIY project online anywhere? My google-fu is failing. I first encountered it as a library-nerd in 1970s grade school. The device was a 120VAC electromagnet version of a pot-magnet with...

What Is the Power Company Selling?
Someone asked me ths question and I was at a loss for an answer. What exactly is it you are getting from the power company? There is no continuous stream of electrons travelling from there. The...
49
49

Galvanic isolation without transformers ??
Could some electronics guru please help ? Maybe this is a very silly question, so please pardon me. A voltage transformer is used to provide galvanic isolation, in a power supply, amongst other...
59
59

geometry reconstruction from multiple images
Hi, I am interested in geometry reconstruction using multiple high resolution camera images from different points in space, the application is for aerial mapping of landscape terrain. The images are...
18
18

LED Backlight driver output current / voltage
Our LCD has 10 series white LEDs for backlight with total Vf of 15V and cur rent of 40ma. The backlight circuit is designed with SC4509. As per the dat asheet its recommended output voltage is 20V and...
5
5

Battery Symbol
I'm hot on the trail of a completed PCB design, which is why I'm flooding the group with questions. I know that the battery symbol with one long side and one short comes from some long-ago battery...
18
18

Skyworks Solutions?
Anyone have any mileage with Skyworks Solutions? It's a new name, and they seem to have good stuff, but I don't want to design in a part that's going to be orphaned:
14
14

A cool Website for Small Signal Transistor Addicts
This web site came up in a Google Images search. Worth a view, both in English and in Google Translate from Russian. It takes a while to go through and find the Gems, but the Russians use a few...
11
11

Charge management chip?
Looking for a charge management chip, thought I'd check here to see if anyone's looked recently. * Charge 1 LiPo cell * Understands constant C, constant V charging * Doesn't pull significant current...
31
31

PING Phil Hobbs... Optics Question
Phil, If +2.00 readers have me focused at 12" what do I need for focus at 24"? Or is that inadequate information to determine it? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
36
36

slightly OT: anybody getting access to craigslist?
I've been trying main and specific craiglist websites and EVERYone comes up error, now for over 3 hours! Do you guys get access?
5
5

LTSpice Slowdown
I have a circuit using an LTC3109 that simulates just fine. But it uses two unipolar voltage generators where the real circuit will use just one source which can change polarity. When I replace the...
16
16

Back to Back PMOS FETs
I'm not sure how this circuit works. The circuit is a boost for low voltage, low impedance power sources. That's fine, I understand that basically. But I asked LT about a way to shut it down and this...
12
12