Subject Author Posted Replies

Question about tablet
Is it possible to generate some kind of output from some android tablet. ? Basically i was thinking on creating some app where user can press button on the touch screen, and this would trigger some...
9
9

The power of Unix, the spectra,
One of the powers or Unix (Linux) is that you can 'pipe' signals from one program to the other (and that also works via the internet with netcat). While testing the spectrum analyzer I am writing,...

DESIGN CHALLENGE - Measure wind veolocity AND direction.as a function of altitude.
Maybe it exists already? Each morning I watch the Hot Air Balloons navigate olong the the horizon. Their only real control is a very slow up, or down. That is, the ability to go to a height that has a...
13
13

Clock Losing Time....
A while ago I replaced the small microwave oven in our office break room with a new Westinghouse one. I've been annoyed ever since we started using it because the TOD clock loses a couple of minutes a...
79
79

10.7 MHz IF & detector
I need to measure deviation on a couple of HT's. The problem is finding a way to do it. I have a receiver that has a 10.7 MHz IF output I could feed to a detector but I cannot find any circuits to use...
8
8

intercom circuit
is my intercom/telephone/sounder/strobe circuit between shop and garage. It utilizes an assembled part (P1) on the schematic, The shop has machinery that needs a loud bell and a strobe when the phone...
1
1

OT: legal last page..
IF THIS E-MAIL WAS BLANK, NOTHING WOULD BE PRINTED HERE.
4
4

Injection-Locked Oscillators
Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators? All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the basic concepts to wrap my head around. ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
23
23

PSTN line: how to detect answer
How can I detect when the recipient (voice call PSTN) answers? I think the only method is to detect the ringback tone (changing country by country) and, if absent for some time, the call could be...
16
16

Re: RAMGATE in full swing. (GPU/Cuda Memory Bandwidth Performance Test now available) nice for GTX 970 testing ! ;)
You're a goddamned total retard. You starred in the movie. If ONLY!
1
1

Grounded Bridge
A Crown MT series, I think 1200 came across my bench. It has a patented "gr ounded bridge output circuit. I have been thinking about the ramifications of this design. The disadvantages : Of course you...
4
4

wireless doorbell / button
Hi all I was just wondering how those doorbells are made, where the button is wireless. Or a system with say 2-4 buttons wireless? I can think of all kind of complex solutions, but there must be a...
10
10

Class D audio amp driving long leads
Hi, My network speakers use a class D (audio) amp to drive the *attached* speaker elements. Key word is *attached* (i.e., amp is integrated with the speaker, effectively). In one instance, I need to...
70
70

OT: Evap cooler algorithms
Hi, I'm trying to design the "fallback" algorithm for the HVAC controller's handling of the evap cooler. [fallback == very limited knowledge of the environment -- at a minimum, indoor temperature and...
8
8

AoE III is on Amazon
Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510...
68
68