wireless doorbell / button

Hi all

I was just wondering how those doorbells are made, where the button is wireless.

Or a system with say 2-4 buttons wireless?

I can think of all kind of complex solutions, but there must be a simple way - or chipset - for this

Reply to
sonnichjensen

The receivers are COBs, xmitters are (cough) discreet.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have a transmitter in front of me and it has at least one chip and what looks like a SAW device. The TX is discrete using one SM transistor.

The chip is a SM HT48RA0-2 8 bit MCU.

I'm adapting the doorbell to latch on and off an automatic antenna matching unit in a shed at the bottom of the garden. The unit is powered by solar panel & SLAB arrangement so I don't want it on all the time during the winter.

Charlie.

--
He who throws dirt loses ground.
Reply to

What is COB short for? Google find e.g. corn when looking for COB

Reply to
sonnichjensen

Chip On Board, the black blob things.

Also, discrete* (@ Bob). Discreet is when they're being very quiet. (See also: 'complimentary' pairs.)

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Eng>> s>> > Hi all

Reply to
Tim Williams

chip on board , die directly on pcb with a blob of black goo on top

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Cheap on board.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

;-) ...Jim Thompson

Cost Of doing Business.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Black goo?

Usually a UV cure epoxy. Something which cures quickly to make produced goods able to be handled not long after application.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

yes that is a very technical term for it ...

ofcourse, but unless you are going to make it at home in your kitchen that doesn't really matter