Subject Author Posted Replies

Traceroute From Internet Modem
I am using a Nanostation loco M900 for my Internet access and my speeds at some times are worse than dialup. Trying to debug to see exactly where the problem lies I log into the M900 through my...
4
4

Partial-Fraction Expansion?
Someone please refresh my memory... Isn't there some easy way to do a "partial-fraction expansion" of a transfer function in "S" (Heaviside version of Laplace) and generate an L-R-C ladder network?...
13
13

OT: Wall Stud Locating
See... I had been using the Magcraft magnets to locate wall studs, but they're nasty to get apart and hard to hold onto. Then I appropriated some magnetic "push pins" from my wife's bulletin board....
23
23

Weather
Spring-like. That's why I moved straight to Arizona after I graduated from MIT in 1962... I hate cold ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
24
24

Filter Design Software
I need a filter with the following specs: Center frequency: 2MHz Nose Bandwidth (-3dB): 20kHz -60dB Bandwidth: 40kHz Cauer/Elliptic type would be fine Need: Pole locations, A+jB, Zero locations. The...
43
43

strange animal
Only $100 each! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
8
8

LT Spice note
Funny, just last week or so I noted that gear integration produced a totally un-natural decay of an LC ringing oscillation. Mike says to always used modified trap. Even modified trap needs a little...
3
3

Releasing verion 0.4.12 of xpsa , the rtl_sdr dongle based Linux spectrum analyzer
Releasing version 0.4.12 of xpsa, the rtl_sdr dongle based Linux spectrum analyzer: There is quite bit of work that went into this. You can set FFT size, sample rate, zoom factor, harmonic selection,...
4
4

CDMA Repetitive Pulse Frequencies
I know TDMA of the GSM standard has 8.3Hz, 115Hz and 217Hz continuous pulse repititions. What, if any, are the pulse repetitions of CDMA? In asynchronous CDMA can the pseudorandom pulses be pulse...

Resonance of HV Stressed Cap - Picture This Time
Based upon the replies to my previous question, I have revised my question and added a cross-sectional drawing for clarification. What I would like to know is if applying electrostatic stress to the...
5
5

dim bulbs
More and more bars and restaurants are illuminated by old-fashioned clear glass long-filament bulbs, running at low temperature. That's horrendously inefficient. -- John Larkin Highland Technology,...
79
79

OT: Snow
The totals keep going up. 0" on Saturday, 24" this morning, Now it's up to 30". Cheers
1
1

Battery Packs to Use As a UPS
There are lots of rechargable battery packs sold as portable charging units for cell phones and the like. They come in many shapes and sizes and capacities. But I can't find one that says you can use...
7
7

OT: Football "Physics"
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
39
39

AD834 Spice Model Updated
The Spice Model for the ADI 500MHz Four-Quadrant Multiplier has been updated (AD834_SPICE_Model.zip) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my Website, adding in the Spice model for RNOISELESS,...
1
1