Subject Author Posted Replies

nonlinear HBridge effects in BLDC control
Hi everyone, I have a PI controller which drives a PWM unit switching an Half H-Brdige stage to control a phase of a three-phase BLDC motor. This loop regulates the current, while an outer loop...
10
10

five fabs?
Future sub-15 nm fabs will be so expensive that there might only be five suppliers in the world. http://electronics360.globalspec.com/article/5305/st-to-exit-digital-ic-manufacturing-race
1
1

Update: Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling
Varistor/MOV Spice Modeling has been updated. See VaristorMOV.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
46
46

Tastenentprellung
Hier ist ein guter Artikel von Jack Ganssle dazu:
5
5

OT: "Science" on the other side of the pond
"Science" on the other side of the pond... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
191
191

EMC; 0dB, 3dB, 6dB or ? margin to conducted emission limits
So, we use a specified margin to the regulatory conducted emission limits. For sake of discussion let's say 3dB. So during product development we stay at least 3dB below the limits specified in the...
16
16

Re: The Black Hole at the Center of the Universe created Life.
On Sat, 9 May 2015 17:25:13 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: Please... SkyGetTheFuckOutAndStayOut

Discrete/hybrid DAA vs "integrated"
Hi, Anyone made this decision, recently? Esp wrt low volumes?
5
5

Red Square
Looks like Berlin, 1939. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
28
28

OT: what?
I had amnesia once --- maybe twice. ******************** I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart. Now what? ******************** Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic....

(close) Proximity sensing
Hi, I'm looking for ideas re: inexpensive, close (near) proximity detection schemes. Ideally, without reliance on obvious "external" sensors (e.g., a video camera can be used but its presence is often...
20
20

Microchip to aquire Micrel
< >

Dimmers innards....
I'm reading a bit on LV lamp dimming. It seems the switchers {"electronic transformers"] that drive 12v Halogens & LED's prefer Reverse-Phase dimmers. I'm not seen much of a write up on such but it...
3
3

more current source experiments
So I'm still looking at topologies for an adjustable temperature stable current source/sink that track each other...I had an idea sort of like this: Sa?dl=0 Two cross coupled Howland current pumps...
2
2

5V regulator for automotive source
I want to power a 5V microcontroller from a car's electrical system. I have tried simply using a 78L05 directly. It seemed to work. The microcontroller packed up after a few months use, but that...
56
56