Subject Author Posted Replies

(rechargeable) Battery chemistry best suited for storage abuse
Hi, How do the various rechargeable battery chemistries ("consumer cells") fare wrt long term storage in "less than ideal environments"? E.g., put some in such an environment, then try to use them...
88
88

Why Adding a Voltage Amplifier after a Transimpedance Amplifier reduce BW? Book Claim by 0.64
As I've typed this question out on various forums over the past couple of d ays, I hope you guys don't mind if I paste my email that I just sent to Dr. Hobbs seeking advice on my issue. I found this...
44
44

OT? Criteria for LENGTHY presentations
Hi, An artist friend approached me to produce a video (DVD). I declined (not what I'm interested in doing) but offered to prepare a list of issues that should be considered when doing same. (mic'ing,...
27
27

Free IOT Starter Kit from AT&T
Use IOTDEVAPRIL in the referral code box.

OT? IEC logic symbols for MS powerpoint
I would have thought that a quick google would throw up just what I'm after, but it isn't so. Can anyone point me to a shape library for PPT containing the common logic elements? Has to be for...
18
18

OT: Clear HTML
Is there a program where you can load in HTML-formatted text and have it dump out just plain text? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal...
9
9

PIC compare problem (assembler)
Hi all I have a small problem and I need a hint Basically I read an ADC value and read it out on 16 LEDs. It also has a minimum value, but if min == current value then the minimum value is not...
7
7

OT: "Proprietary" CD/DVD "formats" (layouts)
Hi, Way OT but worth a shot... I've historically imaged each of my (COTS) distribution media as a backup against loss -- floppies, CD's, DVD's -- even *tapes*! This lets me "mistreat" the originals...
20
20

Shunt resistance to drop capacitor Q
What parallel resistance is needed across a 100pF capacitor to drop Q factor to 3 at 1Mhz? (Assuming the unloaded capacitor Q is much higher). Reason I ask is that I have acquired a Boonton 72...
6
6

OT: Download Manager
I'm having trouble with large downloads and was wondering if anyone here ca n recommend a download manager. I'm using Pale Moon(Firefox) on a US Cellul ar 4G router. The download will suddenly stop...
7
7

Howland current pump question
Is it normal for the op amp inputs of the Howland pump to not be at the same voltage? In all my experiments in LTSPICE with the "improved" topology and grounded resistive loads, this seems to have...
28
28

SainSmart relay board
I'm trying to switch two 24 volt coaxial switches using a LabJack U6. I bought a sainsmart solid state relay board rated for 240AC @ 2A under the (wrong?) assumption that it should have no issue with...
10
10

RH "requirements" for (COTS) optical media
Hi, I was rearranging the media closet and noticed the "hieroglyphics" on one of the (blank) optical media spindles. Appears to suggest an RH range of 5-90%. I can understand the high end limit...
9
9

Intelligent Analysis of Labor Force Participation
A composite analysis of genuine economic expertise, quite refreshing after the vacant SED babble by individuals too ignorant to fathom they're out of their league.
33
33

Referencing 42 bits
It's early AM here, no coffee in the house, so please forgive the following : :) I want to take 42 bits of information and encode, or condense them, into a small string of text to that I can easily,...
24
24