Subject Author Posted Replies

Ultracapacitors for your Interociter, 50 farad 2.5V $1.75
This surplus junk catalog ...this isn't paper, it's some kind of metal! :) One of the surplus outlets currently has fifty farad "super caps," but for that value I they're probably ultracapacitors....
1
1

OCXOs are getting cheap
Just got a quote for a nice 10 MHz DIP14 VCOCXO from a major vendor; $39 at 100. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
10
10

Radio Shack to sell customer data
Most of us have been customers of RS one time or other, but how many of us figured our data would end up like this without having a say-so about it? A while back the RS sales clerks routinely asked...
9
9

Partly off topic - electronic slider
Hi to all. I have one problem and 100 ideas how to solve this, but none of them seems OK. One guy wants to replace button press with some electronics that would do the same. Additional problem is that...
8
8

12V in cars, or not? is it regulated?
Hi Taking power from the battery will change as it charges while driving, as well as it depends on the speed etc. By my own experience it can be 14-16V. And should be 13.2 when idle. I am thinking...
11
11

jokes
jokes ... well was thinking about making a joke conversation along the lines of writing both questions and replies here, and then start some subject like a secret way to route tracks on PCB that makes...
3
3

PING: Win Hill
Is Amazon's stock of 3rd Edition now second printing? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan...
6
6

O/T: eraser
Off topic, but I know there are some Jeopardy candidates in this group, who know all kinds of useful/useless stuff - I need to erase some handwritten characters, from standard ink, standard pen. Black...
7
7

Need 6V ballast for 9W CFL
Does anyone know where I might get a ballast to drive a 9W CFL tube (germicidal lamp) from a 6V source? There are a number of good circuits around, but all require a custom-wound transformer, which...
4
4

S2405 Cheap scope, new working software or serial protocol to write my own
I have a cheap hand held DMM scope meter that I used mostly for very basic things..S2405 model rebranded under serveral names. Today I installed the old software to a windows XP machine using a USB to...
4
4

Surface Mount Resistor in Vacuum Chamber
I don't have much experience with vacuum chambers, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a surface mount resistor material that can be used inside such an environment?
77
77

Rechergeables in parallel?
Does anyone have any practical experience of using NiMH cells in parallel to increase capacity? Do they inherently come into balance, or is there a mechanism whereby a small initial difference soon...
8
8

WiFi
Hi, I am looking for a Wi-Fi development kit. I never worked with Wi-Fi before. I am looking for a kit which is cheap, with good technical support and easy to use. jess
69
69

Lunch
Designing electronics makes a boy hungry. The McDonalds 1/3 lb sirloin burger is actually pretty good. If you scrape off the yukky cheeze stuff. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond...
39
39

Device needed for: Text Display + Wireless Communication + Remote control + Remote Power ?
Hello, The following are the requirements for a piece or pieces of hardware: A device which can stand on a table: 1. Dimensions: Approximately 20 centimeters width, 3 centimeters heigh, 2 or 3...
14
14