Subject Author Posted Replies

Last current pump question, sorry!
So I've managed to get this current pump circuit I've been experimenting with working both in simulation and on the breadboard. What I'm wondering now is if there's any straightforward way to "mirror"...
15
15

Integrator in servo loop
Been a while since I messed with integrators. When one is inside a feedback loop to say, act as a "bias servo" to ensure some particular node is at ground potential, is it usually necessary to put a...
14
14

Use of Microwave Diodes
I would like to use two 12KV 550ma microwave oven diodes in series to half wave rectify a 20KHz 20KV squarewave. The load is two metal plates for generating an ES field. Not much current drawn, i.e....
81
81

OT: Now I Understand >:-)
Now I Understand >:-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype:...
1
1

NPN Transistor Question
Being in the I/C biz, I don't keep up very well with what is available in the discrete transistor world. What I'm looking for is a _readily_available_ NPN, highest fT, VCE < 15V, IC < 10mA...
34
34

Low end TEK 'scope
We bought a new low end TEK, TEK1052B-edu ~$500. It's got a nice big display! I like it. The -edu version has some built in course-ware to teach students how to use the 'scope. A nice idea. (I haven't...
42
42

AN: New Spice Model Posted to my Website
New Spice Model Posted to my Website: Every Spice Simulator has their own proprietary way of implementing digital functions... LTspice Digital Primitives don't play on PSpice, PSpice Digital...
1
1

Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 8
I have an older design program that I need to open the help package. I found this page at and tried downloading an executable for my Win8 machine. But it seems this will only run on a 32 bit OS and...
13
13

Fabayo.com - could be the next Big thing
Hi everyone! I am making a website, It is a hub for the information about the most positive new developments on our planet. Recently, I've launched a project about it on Indiegogo: Please have a look...
1
1

schematics
I had a customer complain that part values shown on our schematic don't match the BOM. We never reissue a released schematic of a given rev letter. Different versions (dash numbers) of a board can...
41
41

AN: Error Correction in AD633_JT Model
Gary Viviani has advised me that the LTspice auto-generated symbol for my AD633_JT Spice model has the wrong pin order. This has been corrected, along with an added read-me to advise how to edit the...

Them Chinese are clever
A while back I got some ultrasonic distance sensors from ebay: The main idea was to try to use this as wind speed meter, but also curiosity how they did that at 5V DC, as I needed in other experiments...
12
12

I knew QM Theory would help me one day.
Recently I read a theory of QM that more or less mixes the wave and particle theory a bit, well at least the way I understood, it was quoted; "Nothing exist until it is measured", ok for now I'll buy...
7
7

Ovenizing vs. compensation
Question- what objective criteria can be used to make a choice between the above-mentioned methods of improving stability of a circuit with changes in ambient temperature?
47
47

TUTORIAL - Example 2, Using Femm to Calculate Component Values of Simple buried Stripline configured like a coax to use in LTspice/PSpice
These anlayse work at 2.5GHz in FR4 type PCB material for those of us who want to drive ?? or an antenna = Bluetooth, Wifi, zigbee, or GPS antenna module and want to see how much a 'longer than...