Subject Author Posted Replies

Firefox Reader View
The new Reader View thing rocks. Open a cluttered, blinding, flashing, frantic web page, click the RV icon, and it snaps to static, calm, text mode. This will destroy half of the Internet, the half...
5
5

Telephone Advisory
Telephone Advisory... When I am out of the office my calls automatically roll to my cellphone. If I am in a meeting and have my cellphone "quieted", call divert into the cellphone's voice-mail, which...
1
1

Joule Thief Goes Legit
Well, it's legitimate in that it will be making money soon: It's a Joule thief built into a stainless steel and plastic sleeve that f its over a 1.5V cell. According to the patent holder, it can...
53
53

Pretty neat illusion
Although, I'm not so sure I'd call it an illusion. Mikek

Crikey! Off the shelf Howland Pump
Crikey! Off the shelf Howland Pump ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142...
25
25

multilayer power inductors
Hi Does anyone know how chip multilayer power inductors compare with more traditional wirewound shielded types? I am wondering about shielding effectiveness and losses in a 1.4MHz ~500mA buck...
4
4

Intel Hex2Bin converter (and DIY 10kW EV battery charger)
I am doing some redesign work on a DIY 10 kW EV battery charger that uses an Arduino as its core processor, and I was able to extract the code in Hex format using an AVR Dragon. But I wanted to be...

Re: Pretty cool, graphene propelled by light and electrons
*SIGH* -- Cheers, Chris.
2
2

eBook formats
Hi, I have a boatload of books, papers, etc. in a variety (too many!) of different formats (TXT, PDF, PS, CBR/CBZ, MOBI, EPUB, DOC, RTF, etc.). I'd like to pick *one* format and convert them *all* and...
25
25

OT: Book rec.
Hi, Anyone have firsthand experience with: _Why Things Bite Back: Technology and the Revenge of Unintended Consequences_ by Tenner? Or, anything along similar lines? I'm curious if its a fluff title...
2
2

Grasp the nettle firmly?
In this case the nettle is ground. And I'm not sure about how hard to grasp it. This will be perhaps long, in my rambling style, feel free to stop. First a circuit: (note the 9V battery is upside down...
15
15

Intel-Altera, again
So I guess Intel is back in the ARM business. Maybe it's just a face-saving way to get their ARM license back. Or, horror, we'll see an Altera SOC with x86's inside.
155
155

Fast OCR over raspberry or some other board
Hi ! I want to read data from one LCD graphics display ( 2x16 ) and send this data over LAN to one end device. Now, the main problem is OCR data processing because this should be quite fast. The text...
7
7

Why I never throw away old computers
13
13

OT: gut bacteria influence on.. everything!
Hi, Growing knowledge of the importance of gut bacteria is at the center of a revolution towards a holistic view that has to take into account the influence of "everything" in the environment on...
75
75