Subject Author Posted Replies

Can anyone identify this connector?
This one: It's supposed to be a standard connector for TENS/NMES devices. What I actually need is the panel mount jack that the Ebay item would plug into. I can't find it on Digikey, probably because...
7
7

Current transformer
I was looking for a cheap clip-on current transformer to use to monitor my power usage, and I found this: which I guessed (correctly) was a current transformer. I that have no intention of using it...
42
42

wimpy diode
I need a wimpy diode, with lots of forward drop at a few mA, to bias up an e-phemt. Thought I'd try a small-geometry NPN transistor. Looks good. The b-e and b-c junctions look symmetric. The middle...
41
41

Op-Amp spec for full wave rectifier
I built up a full wave rectifier and peak detector circuit the other day, i t used 4 Op-Amps, and with when I used the LF411 Op-Amp, it worked fine, bu t I switched to the OPA820 and I couldn't get...
10
10

OT: Step drill bits
I used to own a "unibit" or step drill bit years ago, but I fear it got lost in one of my moves. I went to Home Depot and they want like 55 bucks for one of them. I need to drill some holes for 9 pin...
42
42

Software for differential input LPF design
Is there any free software package available that can assist in designing differential input 2 or 4 pole low pass/band pass filters? Can TI's FilterPro do it?
2
2

DC/DC output impedance specification
Hi everyone, I'm having hard time in specifying the secondary output of a DC/DC stage which is supposed to supply a set of half-bridges for a BLDC motor. The half-bridges are switching +/-45V at 72...
3
3

outgassing
We have a customer that puts a bunch of bar lasers into a big machined block, and we're considering adding some electronics inside. The customer is concerned with outgassing, depositing stuff from the...
7
7

Socket Adapter ??
Is there an adapter available to convert from this POS CCFL: to a conventional base, or perhaps min-candelabra? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
17
17

Question regarding 78xx series devices
Could some electronics guru please clarify thhe following ? For the 78xx series voltage regulators, does the ground pin have to be ground(zero) always ? To be more specific, I have successfully used...
55
55

Re: Aircraft/Airplanes have destabilized this world in rapid tempo.
Nevertheless, it flew and Hawaii's not such a bad place for a layover. And the Swiss are looking at their limited natural resources and doing something about it. May be that the technology developed...

Re: Next IS attack could be 12-12-2015
On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 23:39:52 +0100, "Skybuck Flying" Gave us: You are exactly 12 times more retarded than you were in your last post. A tough feat since you already rank right up close to infinite self...
14
14

OFF topic - siemens gigaset SX bridge mode
Hi. I have one dump problem setting bridge mode between two different routers. The router that i want to change is in upper floor ( siemens ) and the main router is downstairs ( Thompson ). The...
5
5

Rigol DS1054Z
Anyone had any experience with a Rigol DS1054Z or 74Z? The advertising claims 12 million memory points, which is attractive, unless they mean 12 million memory bits. Hul
8
8

OT: The Amateur Scientist CD on sale, $14, until 23:59 EST 12/5/2015
The entire set of Scientific American's "The Amateur Scientist" columns, every single column, from 1928 to 2001 (when the column ended), text and figures, scanned and searchable, on a CD-ROM. These...