Subject Author Posted Replies

Bloomberg Carbon Clock
We're not far from lift-off, about T-20 and counting (as far as they know, probably sooner):
47
47

OT: Button your lips, data police are coming...
Button your lips, data police are coming... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
76
76

Oscillator mathematcal problem
Suppose we have the equation for a damped harmonic oscillator driven by a step input, e.g. x'' + Ax' + x = H(t), where A is the damping parameter. Now suppose we allow A to be any _continuous_...
33
33

Q: 0-Nodes in .SUBCKT
The problem was simpulating with LTspice: I have this irl3103s.spi from the IR website. I am trying to use the MOSFET hi-side as a sync-rectifier(backwards).... I am driving with IRL2110 (2Amps,15V)....
13
13

Good future outlook for electrons
Good future outlook for electrons:
8
8

Cable ampacity
regs as 16A if clipped to a wall, 8A buried in insulation. Why the difference? Is PVC just a much better thermal conductor than air? T he T&E has far more PVC than the single. NT
10
10

AN: StateVariableFilter(P+1) Updated
Based on a question to the LTspice List by John Woodgate I have posted updated information regarding adding zeroes to a state variable filter at... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
1
1

Discrete vs. IC reliability
What circuit should be expected to be more reliable in the long term? Consider e.g. a monostable multivibrator made of an NE555 and its BJT counterpart. The latter is composed of more parts and more...
46
46

Foreign Credential Evaluations & Expert Opinion Letters
Dear Customer, We provide Credential Evaluation Services for Companies, Attorney & Law off ices who file H-1B petitions and Students for their admissions in Universit ies. All our evaluations are...

Noise and gain in transimpedance amplifiers
Hi, I have a few questions about gain and noise in the transimpedance amplifier . I've been mainly reading Hobbs (2nd edition) and H&H AoE (3rd Ed). Refe rences below are to those editions. Most...
34
34

OT: Here ya go...
Here ya go... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
50
50

Re: Analog Engineer's Pocket Reference download from TI
The first two are "VestPocket" handbooks. Vests don't have pockets (except hunting and bullet proof vests). -- Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060 Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS...
7
7

OT using google to check usage.
I'm writing some instructions, I put in the 3db point of a filter. My "editor" changed it to -3dB, more correct, but I always figured the minus sign is assumed. But I did the google check. Low pass...
19
19

another hack
My hand is still a little cramped from Dremeling this one. There's a tendency to hold one's breath when doing fine work like this, so there's some anoxia too. It might work. It might oscillate. It...
158
158

No more high voltage PNP transistors?
Folks, When looking for small-signal high voltage PNP I was disappointed. Nothing available above 500V anymore and ideally I need north of 1kV at less than 2mA. I know the old CRT TV sets are gone for...
22
22