Subject Author Posted Replies

Rigol DS1074Z
Rigol DS1074Z scope The DS1074Z is currently recording a sweep of 12 seconds total on 1 channel with the memory depth set at 12 million pts. Then the storage button is pressed and the various steps...
3
3

Attenuator for mic input
Slightly basic for this group, but also slightly audiophool, so I figured I'd ask here anyway. I've got an electret lapel mic that I'm using with my smart phone for making videos. It's pretty good,...
22
22

The world is saved...
That world is saved... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
14
14

PECL to LVDS for two cents
This is sort of neat. It collapsed a lot of ugly stuff into a single 1206 (quad 0603) resistor pack. The NPNs and such simulate an Eclips Lite ECL chip powered by +-2.5 volts. The delay lines...

Unshielded USB cables?
Some time ago I posted my problems with using USB for my data processing device (Ortmaster), and I found that some, and perhaps many, USB cables had poor connections between the plug shrouds and the...
3
3

isolated SPI Module
Hello, I would like to introduce the recently finished isolated SPI module, which is available on Tindie, Ebay and Amazon at the moment. Details can be found here: Ideal in noisy enviroments where you...

OT: Tailgaters, Pt. 2
The summary of the "insurance company" the driver who rear-ended me in my recent accident had: "A Massachusetts government program to provide affordable auto insurance rates to drivers considered to...
29
29

Warning about CadSoft Eagle
As most of you know, Eagle has been sold/absorbed or whatever. I bought 3 seats about 3 years ago. Their support was second to none prior to that and had been until recently. I have not been able to...
11
11

electric funny
From today's SF Chronicle: The day Brian Feeney walked into a Palm Springs dealership to buy a new Nissan Leaf, he was fulfilling the dream of state policymakers to entice Californians to break off...
37
37

[ ISM ] Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms 2nd edition by Hubbard and Burke
Titles in Mathematics, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Discrete and Combi natorial Mathematics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Analysis for Bus iness, Economics, Differential Equations and...

10 mega-watt hours
The production meter for our solar roof just ticked over past 10MWh. That's a pretty serious amount of power to generate in the 9.5 months since switching on the system.
43
43

Estimating maximum current of DDR3L memory banks
Hi, i want to estimate the maximum current that can be consumed of a DDR3L memory bank, consisting of 4 chips with 16 bits data bus width, so in total 64 bit. I need this maximum current for the power...
5
5

Looking for component test clips
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the little slotted connectors into which the capacitor...
5
5

Flux fux, and 10 Meg ohm
I took back testing of resistor values on a high impedance circuit. (I hear piglet snickering... but discretely, as is proper.) The 10 meg ohm surface mounts are leaking... ~2-5% level... ~30% if I...
82
82

Spreadsheet Formatting for Optional Decimal Places
I would like to have a cell display optional decimal places which is typically done done with the '#' character. But if there are no digits other than zeros in the fraction it still displays the...