Subject Author Posted Replies

Best Cheap Capacitance Meter?
34

Cordless Anti Static Bracelet Electrostatic ESD Discharge Cable Band Wrist Strap (?)
I'm just a wee bit skeptical I think.... Technical Specifications: Protect sensitive electronic components from ESD (electrostatic discharge) Current limiting resistor IMOhm .5%, Electro-scattering...
10
10

this sure didn't take long
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
1
1

-55C operation of power conversion modules.
I am curious as to what components found in a power conversion module may prevent the module from starting at -55C. Vicor, SynQor, Gaia, Astrodyne..... I would expect to find mosfets, controllers,...
16
16

bipolar aluminum caps
High-K ceramic caps are awful. They lose 90% of their capacitance at rated voltage. Are bipolar aluminum caps reliable? I would think that polymer aluminum caps would make good nonpolarized things,...
44
44

Rigid-flex proto supplier
Anyone can share a good source? Nothing too fancy FR4 8 layers total or less 6mil rules, would prefer North American or China supplier with good technical customer service.

"On-line" 100BaseTX hardware diagnostics
What sorts of hooks can I include in my designs to allow run-time testing of 100BaseTX hardware? Obviously, I can monitor traffic, throughput, CRC errors, etc. to give me a feel for degradation of the...
4
4

Congrats to Bill Beaty on wsj article
In todays WSJ. Dan
15
15

Loss resistance and change of resonate frequency
Years ago my guru/mentor showed me mathematically how the resonant frequency of an LC was changed by the Loss resistance. I think if the losses of the L and the C are equal then there is no effect,...
17
17

LDO
I need to make 1.5 volts (for DDR3 ram) from a 1.8 rail, and it was easier to just do it from available parts than find a new regulator to buy. Loop comp is the first wild guess, but it looks fine. At...
42
42

OT - AC WiFi USB Adapter Suggestions
Residential Home WiFi has interference from hot WiFi neighbors. The must be running watts output. Had the ISP install a new box that has AC WiFi, dual band etc. They gave me one AC adapter (USB) for...
1
1

Joerg takes a ride
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
36
36

Brother International is a bunch of asshats
So my trusty Brother MFC6490CW B-size all-in-one printer died the death. Looks like an encoder failure on the paper feed. It was one of their last ones that didn't have chips in the ink cartridges,...
26
26

Broadband disrributed impedance matching
Could some electronics guru please help ? I know that distributed impedance matching techniques can be applied to high frequency (100's of MHz to 10's of GHz) narrowband signals. Could the same...
27
27

OT: Headphone Pads
The ear pads on my Logitech headset are disintegrating... Are there replacement pads, or do I need to replace the whole headset? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations |...
4
4