Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Good Read...
Another Good Read... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
22
22

We're all doomed anyway
IoT botnet goes nuclear: Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160 North State Road #203...
11
11

Copper pours for thermal relief
Beyond component side (and heavily stitched solder side) copper pours, is there any value to adding stitched internal planes when it comes to helping to move heat away from components? And, when does...
16
16

Achieving 98% efficiency in a boost converter
Anybody care to speculate about the most important aspects to consider when trying to achieve 98% efficiency in a low-power (20mW) boost converter? Most available step-up converter circuits seem to...
75
75

A Good Read...
A Good Read... "A couple of weeks ago I asked, 'When Will Liberals Answer For Obamacare's Failures?' Today, apparently. In all their vast coverage of agitated right-wingers, it may have escaped the...
70
70

OpAmp Output DeadBand
Turns out I was making things too difficult with my nice LOG(COSH(x)) "smoother" when it comes to modeling OpAmp Output DeadBand. Examination of the LOG(COSH(x)) solution puzzled me, exhibiting some...
2
2

Bwahahahahaha
Bwahahahahahaha... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
3
3

Scriptable PCB packages
Besides part numbering, there's another thing we'd like to do: automatically produce a parts library for each board, containing only the parts actually used. Seems like that would save time and...
31
31

Unlocking PDFs
A while back someone was asking how to remove passwords from PDF files. This might be what you were looking for.
14
14

25-GB for $2
Standard disclaimers apply 25-GB of Usenet download for $2 that's a lifetime supply of text - even if you plan to live a long, long time. You have to contact them (email) if you also want to post, but...

TINA
Hi, TI provides models and examples in TINA. What's the learning curve like for TINA? How does it compare to LT Spice? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement...
26
26

Part numbering etc.
The hunchbacks and I are working out a part numbering and inventory system. Since we'll be a small outfit for the foreseeable future, I don't anticipate needing some big ERP system, so we'll be...
79
79

"Upside-down" wall sockets
I've noticed in some new construction, like the new local community medical center branch of Brigham and Women's hospital near me, that the wall outlets are installed "upside-down", i.e. with the...
65
65

Test Fixture Failures
I have a test fixture that has been in use for some 8 years testing thousands of units. It is not a complex unit with a power supply section, an FPGA, an RS-232 level converter chip, two RS-422...
12
12

Single or double pole mains switch in USA?
In an instrument which will be sold in the USA, is there a requirement for double pole switching of the mains? There'll be a chassis-mount IEC mains input plug at the rear and a mains switch on the...
28
28