OpAmp Output DeadBand

Turns out I was making things too difficult with my nice LOG(COSH(x)) "smoother" when it comes to modeling OpAmp Output DeadBand.

Examination of the LOG(COSH(x)) solution puzzled me, exhibiting some unexpected instability.

Last night, as I tossed and tumbled, fearing a Clinton Supreme Court disaster when I awoke, one nightmare suggested this downright trivial solution...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Why not just use transistors in an opamp model? That would be more accurate... get the impedance changes right, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

That's only a small piece of the puzzle. My object is always to make models that converge and behave like the real-deal. ...Jim Thompson