Subject Author Posted Replies

Unlocking PDFs
A while back someone was asking how to remove passwords from PDF files. This might be what you were looking for.
14
14

25-GB for $2
Standard disclaimers apply 25-GB of Usenet download for $2 that's a lifetime supply of text - even if you plan to live a long, long time. You have to contact them (email) if you also want to post, but...

TINA
Hi, TI provides models and examples in TINA. What's the learning curve like for TINA? How does it compare to LT Spice? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement...
26
26

Part numbering etc.
The hunchbacks and I are working out a part numbering and inventory system. Since we'll be a small outfit for the foreseeable future, I don't anticipate needing some big ERP system, so we'll be...
79
79

"Upside-down" wall sockets
I've noticed in some new construction, like the new local community medical center branch of Brigham and Women's hospital near me, that the wall outlets are installed "upside-down", i.e. with the...
65
65

Test Fixture Failures
I have a test fixture that has been in use for some 8 years testing thousands of units. It is not a complex unit with a power supply section, an FPGA, an RS-232 level converter chip, two RS-422...
12
12

Single or double pole mains switch in USA?
In an instrument which will be sold in the USA, is there a requirement for double pole switching of the mains? There'll be a chassis-mount IEC mains input plug at the rear and a mains switch on the...
28
28

HDMI, DVI standard, adaptability?
I see plenty of DVI-to-HDMI and HDIM-to-DVI adapters to be purchased. Are these standards equally convertible without losing fidelity (manufacturing quality issues aside)? Are such adapters simply...
9
9

Re: OT: Math and Simulation Problem... SOLVED
[snip] As in... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog |...

OT: Disconnect capacitor drive before opening
What dt/dq is required to get that baby up to 88 MPH?
1
1

Recommendation of modest priced lab PSU?
Hello folks, I am in search of a good but not too expensive lab power supply. The Siglent SPD3303X-E looks rather good. It is not really cheap (440 Euros incl. VAT) but has some features I like. It...
3
3

Caps on multilayer boards
What's the best way to remove the main body of electrolytic caps on multila yer boards so the remaining legs can be soldered to? I have some kit I don' t want to extract from where it's fitted, with...
23
23

EL Inverter LTSpice model
I'm curious as to what a good way to model an EL inverter in LTSpice would be, so I can experiment with some dimming circuits without blowing up the bricks on my bench (or taking an unpleasant...
2
2

OT: The truth about those voting machines...
They've been programmable for years and nothing's been done about it: Ain't America wonderful?
1
1

Prototyping system
I'm helping a young guy I know at one of the schools in Boston with his developing electronics hobby. He's experimenting with some basic transistor/op amp circuits, hoping to design his own little...
13
13