Eagle solder stop mask

sci.electronics.design area without solder mask using eagle

I'm combining 2 boards into another board, or panel, comprising 4 copies of one board and 1 of the other. The 4 copies have a normal solder stop mask but the single board has none, top or bottom. Eagle (version 3.??) doesn't appear to have a "trestrict" or "brestrict" type feature to eliminate the solder masks, unfortunantly. The only method apparant so far is to go through the gerber files and remove all solder stop entries in the area of the single board and replace with one the full size of the board. Hopefully there's a better way. Anyone have a suggestion?

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

I don't know Eagle 3.xx. In version 4 there are tStop and bStop layers and you can draw polygons to define them where you want. (layers 29 and 30..in my version)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You can't just draw a polygon on the mask layer?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Phil - I thank you for the question. I'll give it a try & see what happens.

Hul

Phil Hobbs wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

George - I was using an older manual; I'll look at the manual for this version. I'll take another look at the various "layers" too. Thanks.

Hul

George Herold wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus