Subject Author Posted Replies

Honeybees 'Whoop'
Win Hill: does this count as topical? :) Tim
19
19

LED as detector for high speed link
Hi For a test setup I am toying with an isolated interface where I need 1 Mbit speed if possible The receiver is a dirt cheap red LED: (which is also used as an indicator w hen the link is not active)...
42
42

troubleshooting: Agilent 3616A power supply
I'm only asking as maybe this is a common failure mode somebody has seen. Got an actual Agilent badged 3616A power supply, one of the half-rack width deals with the LED voltage and current display and...
3
3

Troubleshooting 'shorted' power rails
I had two cases in a row recently of many-layer power-planed boards with power supplies that wouldn't come up above a diode drop, and I was able to use a trick devised for the first one to solve the...
46
46

Re: Bench Light (Prehijacked) }:-)>
Go LEDs, bring in quiet DC power from a distance.
10
10

ic pinouts
Tube pin numbers were clockwise as seen from below, so I guess the people who first packaged ICs followed the CCW-from-above convention. Big mistakes were physical symmetry and putting the ground pin...
7
7

Rework with LitePlacer
I have some generic PCBs that i need to rework by placing 0805 resistors for configuring. Seems that a generic PCB heater is needed for 180C preheat (simple), plus a way to heat the part to be placed,...
4
4

Minimizing the reflection of electromagnetic waves - the basics of STEALTH
Hi Regards Leo
16
16

2TB upgraded to 32G
I brought the previous version of this, just trying to figure out the scam. It did not mention 32G before. So, i was gambling $10 on 2TB. Now, they say 2TB upgrade with 32GB memory chip. Still not...
48
48

Re: The Energy Saver Vacuum Tube of the Future
====snip==== Around 2 to 3% for a 100W GLS tungsten filament lamp afaicr from my 1972 edition of "Lamps and Lighting".

Sub-shot noise Laser Gyro
Thoughts? Tim -- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Design Website:
7
7

SMT component minimum height
Many SMT components have maximum height specs, but that can get one into trouble. My little 14-parameter center-of-the-beehive monitor, has five sensor ICs with tiny holes, to let air in for...
18
18

New York internet outage?
Is New York still out? Good news: Not getting much spam emails. Bad news: Might not be getting real emails.
3
3

tacky signal detector
We'd like to light up an LED when the customer gives us an input, nominally 1 volt peak at 10 MHz, but could be less. This detector might work. It depends on schottky diode leakage to discharge the...
2
2

connector hell
Kyocera 6200067012800 connector bottom-view drawing, actually shows top view. Arrggh! Discrepancy should have been obvious. Examining actual part revealed the truth, but only after placing the PCB...
23
23