astounding AI vocal synthesis

The president's collaboration:

JFK has a tantrum:

International gangsta rap star George W. Bush

Reply to
bitrex

George W. is really spot-on

Reply to
bitrex

They are all pretty good ! JFK could use a little work maybe.

I wonder how well this can do female voices ?

I would really like to have this for my late wife of 30 years.

I wonder how long of samples they would need for that ?

Reply to
boB

Gosh, I hadn't thought of that, using it with deceased relatives. I don't think I could do that.

I read a sci-fi story like that one time, where AI is able to construct a sort of representation of a man's late wife's personality. She's supposed to have been a psychologist and he keeps "bringing her back" to talk with, and "she" reminds him that it's probably not psychologically healthy to do too often.

Reply to
bitrex

A more practical application is in addressing the inevitable loss of speech that ALS patients incur. A proactive provider could sample the patient's speech while they still retained that ability and then, later, provide them with a synthetic voice that approximates their own, "pre illness".

Reply to
Don Y

I'm saddened that no one (geek) thought of harvesting speech samples from Douglas Rain, before his passing. I doubt there is enough stored samples to faithfully recreate a versatile representation for a synthesizer.

Reply to
Don Y