Subject Author Posted Replies

Large-ish area flat photodiode for NIR (1092 nm)
Hi all, TL;DR: Any suggestions for a photodiode which presumably InGaAs), - and fits into a 4 mm deep (along direction of incidence) slot including connections? critical here. Ge might be problematic...
19
19

DropBox raises price by 20%
My DropBox fee is going up by 20%, to $120/yr, increasing storage from 1000GB to 2000GB. But I only use 2.4 GB, just over the free limit. Don't want to commingle all my files on DropBox; where they...
17
17

Do I want a cellphone tower on my property?
AT&T wants to install a new tower in this area, offered me $800/month for a spot to put it. It may be "safe" at the beginning, upgraded to questionable new technology through the years, they want a...
120
120

precision low cost isolation amplifier
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com...
18
18

Peak Silicon?
There may be another kind of Moore's Law: we just don't need all those transistors.
33
33

Better power transistors. (?)
Science daily had an article about a big jump in power transistors. Article: It has been assumed that we are approaching the performance limits of silicon-based power electronics. Researchers have now...
13
13

I Missed This One...
Yeah, revenge is sweet. I hate subjects that tell you virtually nothing ab out the topic of the post. So I'm getting even with a few posters here who do that often. I missed the fact that last year in...
59
59

Rail to Rail output stage for 2A 5V
I need a more-or-less (say 125'C and IC's like the OPA567 would get too hot. I probably need op-amps around a discrete output stage, but what's the best topology? Preferably no charge pumps used and...
54
54

Identify the connections on a cordless tool battery
Im trying to Identify the connections on a cordless tool battery. Not for any real reason, just curious why so many contacts are needed. Its a 18v Hitachi battery from a cordless drill. Batt # BCL...
1
1

Help designing a low-noise TIA
Hi all, I am posting to this forum at the suggestion of George Herold from Teachspi n, he says you are the people to help me out. I understand a decent amount about circuits, but not enough to design...
119
119

Re: OT: USA: Senate leader "Today starts a year celebrating women"
I've always celebrated women! -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
2
2

TCA0372 troubles
I'm using my first TCA0372 as a ~1-2 Watt heater drive. Unfortunately I've blown it up three times... twice by accident and this morning on purpose. Apparently the TCA can't have it's output shorted...
36
36

What is ITT C1-12D-PC-240R10-4 Solid State Relay?
I picked up some ITT C1-12D-PC-240R10-4 Solid State Relays. I can't find any information on them. If you google the number, there are a zillion hits that all lead to the same place. They offer to sell...
2
2

QM defeated, the cat's movement predicted and controlled
QM defeated, the cat's movement predicted and controlled Copenhagen is dead. Researchers have figured out how to catch and save Schrödinger's famous cat, the symbol of quantum superposition and...
10
10

locked out
The key lock on my house has been reliable for 25 years. Ditto my thermostat. Why would anyone spend $270 for a lock that won't let you in? Our cabin came with a smart thermostat that guests were...
82
82