A flyback based on the new Infineon SiC

Some time ago James Arthur sent here a notification about the IMBF170R1K0M1XTMA1 SiC MOSFET. I have just re-prototyped one of my wide input range flybacks, and the results are excellent. The performance is comparable to the one with the 1700V C2M Cree part, but the converter's structure is much simpler, which is good for reliability.

Thanks, James.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

What gate swing are you using?

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

The hard limit of the controller's clamp is 14V, but the output voltage is 13.6 and the secondary/aux ratio is 1, so the clamp should never be active. The controller is UCC28701.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski