Worthwhile use of AI technology ?

Hi,

stumbled on this link today:

Spooky, impressive plus beautiful all at once.

May change your feelings about some historical figures in seconds.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Very spooky*

The colourising was fine, and the blinking and lip movements were ok, but the slight head movements don't look right to me - very stiff. Have a look at "Lone Walking Buffalo", and at least part of the reason might show there. If you look carefully, when the head moves, only the part of the headdress near his head moves! It is most strange to see that when his head moves, the outer part of the feathers remains stationary.

--

Jeff
Reply to

A bunch of fictional fantasy of a closet spectrophiliac.

Spectrophilia is a fetish that is classified as the paraphilia in which one is attracted to ghosts or spirits. Spectrophiliacs fantasize about ghosts and often imagine scenarios involving sexual events between themselves or others and spirits.

Fred Bloggs

Is that anything unique about "AI"? Sounds like just more code.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Here's film of Market Street, 1906, upscaled and colorized with neural network:

I can almost smell the horse manure!

The NYC 1911 conversion started with higher-quality film I think and looks even better:

Reply to
bitrex

2:05 - treatments for club foot weren't nearly as good in those times but he's getting by
Reply to
bitrex

2:15 in the second video - Spanish-American War? Railway worker? Industrial accident? Guess we'll never know.
Reply to
bitrex

The portraits of Anne Boyeln and Anne of Cleaves were meant to be flattering I doubt they looked kinda like models in reality as the representations in the video do.

Maybe a more accurate portrait of Anne Boyeln's face:

But interesting that she seems to be regularly depicted with light hair and fair skin in paintings when many written accounts of her appearance describe her as "swarthy" with dark hair.

Reply to
bitrex