Capacitors at RF

Gentlemen,

Does anyone know what frequency capacitors are generally measured at?
I'm finding correlations at 3Mhz with rated values, but that strikes
me as on the low side.

CD

Re: Capacitors at RF

It's a silly question. The size of the capacitor does come into it, and the way they are constructed.

You measure at a frequency that puts enough current through the capacitor to be reasonably easy to measure, but not enough to cook it.

Capacitor data sheets do tend to include useful information  - there's not a lot of point trying to measure capacitance at a frequency where the capacitor looks resistive or inductive.

You aren't going to measure the capacitance of a 10pF RF capacitor at the frequency you'd use to measure 10,000uF electolytic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 03:39:20 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

You either didn't read the question, or understand it. Seems a common
problem you have lately, Bill.

Re: Capacitors at RF
Cursitor Doom puked a pile of vomit:

============================

**  You did not post a question.

 > or understand it.

** It contained no information or intelligence

 So exactly like you  - fuckhead.

Re: Capacitors at RF

So, "correlations" with what?

Different types of RF capacitors are aimed at different applications,
so they /will/ be specified at different frequencies.

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 03:39:20 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

A 10,000uF electro would be measured at 100kHz. I want to know what a
capfor RF in the pF range would be measured at. Different thing
altogether.

Re: Capacitors at RF
 Cursitor Doom puked hi dinner up :

=============================

** Like HELL it would  -   you lying ass.

** Typical LCR bridges work at audio frequencies for C measurement.

Fuck knows what weird crap you are up to  - dickwad.

..... Phil

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 04:13:44 -0800 (PST), Phil Allison

Wow, you Australian trolls sure know how to back each other up! :-D

Re: Capacitors at RF

Spinning around backwards on your head, surrounded by weird poisonous
critters, has that effect. Being descended from criminals and drinking
Aussie beer compounds the brain damage.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 09:06:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com

And being ignored. No one looks to Australia for a lead in any field,
so there are only 2 ways an Aussie can get noticed: excelling in sport
or else being obnoxious to everyone else. They can't stand being
ignored so if one's no good at sport, then throwing their own
metaphorical faeces at others is the only remaining option to get
noticed.

Re: Capacitors at RF

I can think of one electronics-related field where Australia has done
world class work: Cochlear implants.
John

Re: Capacitors at RF
Cursitor Doom wrote:

=================

** Except democracy.

The US and the UK could learn a lot and many are envious of how we do things.
If the USA were to copy our voting system, none the present trauma would have ever happened.

The US is a fake democracy - dominated by the wealthy and powerful .
Every important job in the country is  *riddled *  with party politics.
Massive conflicts of interest abound.

You stupid yanks are about the "reap the whirlwind".

.......   Phil

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 00:56:26 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

How curious. The Dunblane massacre happened in the UK in the exact
same year and had the exact same effects (handguns were banned
following it). Synchronicity perhaps...Or perhaps not.

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 19:35:50 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman

You must be blind. The DS likes to hide in the shadows and has
historically been pretty good at that. However, the on-going debacle
over the fixed "election" has enabled those with eyes to see the DS in
action - not from the shadows this time, but fully exposed, with its
arse hanging out, balls, prick, the lot. If you can't see that, Bill,
I for one am not the least surprised, because you've never ackowledged
any such thing in the past and have always acted as some sort of
wouldbe self-appointed censor of all the news we get to hear from
alternative sources. Thank god neither you nor anyone else has that
power - thanks to the internet.

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 03:58:55 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

I wonder if it's possible to filter *all* posts out of Australia with
one single KF entry? That would certainly save me the bother of
periodically KFing Sloman and Allison. Surely there's a way to do
this? I know I'd no longer see posts from others in Australia who may
not be quite so deranged, but it's a very small price to pay. Indeed.

Re: Capacitors at RF

<snipped John Doe being stupid>

Since Cursitor Doom clearly doesn't understand any of the responses he gets, he should opt for the more radical solution of not reading anything on s.e.d. in the first place.

This would deprive him of the pleasure of turning his idiotic misapprehensions into fatuous posts for us to deride, but he could infest other user-groups.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Capacitors at RF

It must be very expensive and tedious to travel (to somewhere
civilized) from Australia. I wonder how many do. We have many visitors
from europe and asia and south america here, but few Australians.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: Capacitors at RF

It takes about a day. It is tedious and it isn't cheap. We usually spend a month or so in Europe every year, but Covid-19 put paid to that in 2020.

Why would we bother? California is an inferior version of Australia. New York is much more exotic from our point of view. I've visited both, several times.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: Capacitors at RF

I spent a Christmas break in London, years back; there were LOTS of
Australians at (for instance) the Barry Humphries stage show.

Re: Capacitors at RF
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 09:16:47 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com

Well that's something to be grateful for, at least.
IME with very few exceptions, Australians are thoroughly unpleasant to
be around. They have a serious inferiority complex over being so far
away and having no presence or influence on the international stage.
They can't get noticed by doing anything laudable, so fall back on
being obnoxious because at least they get attention that way - even if
it's for all the wrong reasons. Anything's better than being ignored
so far as Australians are concerned.

Site Timeline