WHO experts weigh in on COVID-19 vaccine dose interval

The World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine advisory group today weighed in
 with recommendations for delivering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, urging th
e vaccine doses be given 21 to 28 days apart in most circumstances, but in
certain situations allowing for an interval of up to 6 weeks.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/01/who-experts-weigh-covid
-19-vaccine-dose-interval

"Countries experiencing exceptional epidemiological circumstances may consi
der delaying for a short period the administration of the second dose as a
pragmatic approach to maximizing the number of individuals benefiting from
a first dose while vaccine supply continues to increase. WHO?s reco
mmendation at present is that the interval between doses may be extended up
 to 42 days (6 weeks), on the basis of currently available clinical trial d
ata. Should additional data become available on longer intervals between do
ses, revision of this recommendation will be considered. Countries should e
nsure that any such programme adjustments to dose intervals do not affect t
he likelihood of receiving the second dose."

https://apps.who.int/iris/rest/bitstreams/1326072/retrieve

Re: WHO experts weigh in on COVID-19 vaccine dose interval
The World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine advisory group today (1/5/2021)
[...]

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-2019-nCoV-vaccines-SAGE_recomme
ndation-BNT162b2-2021.1

Anybody need a pick and place machine ?
I have upgraded and my old pick and place machine is available.
I am in the St. Louis, MO area, the machine is a Philips CSM84 (made by
yamaha) in 1995.  It is an old-school machine with centering jaws, but built
like a tank, and in perfect working condition.  I have 50 assorted feeders
for it, and some feeder rails from a scrapped machine that you can use to
make a feeder storage cart or shelf.  It also has a mechanical alignment
station for large chips and a vibratory feeder for parts in tubes.
It is very easy to program, too.

Any interest?

Jon

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?
I have upgraded and my old pick and place machine is available.
I am in the St. Louis, MO area, the machine is a Philips CSM84 (made by
yamaha) in 1995.  It is an old-school machine with centering jaws, but built
like a tank, and in perfect working condition.  I have 50 assorted feeders
for it, and some feeder rails from a scrapped machine that you can use to
make a feeder storage cart or shelf.  It also has a mechanical alignment
station for large chips and a vibratory feeder for parts in tubes.
It is very easy to program, too.

Any interest?

Jon

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

You might do well to ask on the eevblog forums. Surely someone there
will want to one-up someone else who has a smaller pick and place
machine, whether or not they can use it.

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

I have, got a few inquiries, but nobody took it.  That was several months
ago.  I really want to get it out of here.

Jon

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

Those are not great pictures, more about the ordeal of getting it in that
the machine itself.  I can supply better pics if there is interest.

Jon

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

Here are some better pics :

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/philips-csm84-pp-available/

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

Hmm, a message seems to have gone away.

Here are some better pics :
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/philips-csm84-pp-available/

Also, I wanted to mention that this machine could be an excellent base to
start a retrofit with a modern control and vision.  Since it will come with
over 50 feeders, you don't need to fool around with mickey-mouse strip
feeder contraptions.

Jon

Re: Anybody need a pick and place machine ?

One thing I have learned is that old assembly equipment is pretty much wort
hless just like chair lifts.  If the original owner has no use for it, then
 it is either so out of date as to be not worth the bother of using it, or
it is worn out enough that it will never work well enough to pay its way.

In any event, why break into a thread that is completely unrelated to post
this?  The thread is off topic and many who peruse these posts won't even b
other reading an off topic thread.  Why not make a post with a subject of "
For sale:..."?

That's a polite way of saying, "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
[...]

Is that an apology for the followup comment you made about my saying
that Dr. Gottlieb may have a valid point that he was tweeting about?

If so, then apology accepted. See? I am easy to get along with!

John :-#)#

[...]

Not sure, but it does mean the UK plan and proposed US plan do not conform
with WHO guidelines. Dunno about UK, but US FDA may have problems authorizi
ng any plan deviating from WHO recommendation. And this may be grounds for
public interest advocates to sue both those governments to hold their wildl
y unscientific plans.

Re: WHO experts weigh in on COVID-19 vaccine dose interval

m with WHO guidelines. Dunno about UK, but US FDA may have problems authori
zing any plan deviating from WHO recommendation. And this may be grounds fo
r public interest advocates to sue both those governments to hold their wil
dly unscientific plans.

Fred's idea of what "wildly unscientific" means has to be reconciled with h
is somewhat bizarre ideas about what the science is.

Slowing down vaccination because there are discussions about the best inter
val between two shots of vaccine isn't a remotely good idea, and any ration
al court is going to throw out any such frivolous case.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: WHO experts weigh in on COVID-19 vaccine dose interval

orm with WHO guidelines. Dunno about UK, but US FDA may have problems autho
rizing any plan deviating from WHO recommendation. And this may be grounds
for public interest advocates to sue both those governments to hold their w
ildly unscientific plans.
 his somewhat bizarre ideas about what the science is.
erval between two shots of vaccine isn't a remotely good idea, and any rati
onal court is going to throw out any such frivolous case.

LOL- well that's just it. The plan is not real vaccination, and will most c
ertainly exacerbate the damage because it will produce several hundred mill
ion idiots who will think they are protected and act accordingly which will
 be catastrophic.