OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

China is seeing over 100 new cases per day and a few days ago someone died!
  This is a major resurgence in the disease.  I'm not sure how they will ma
nage.

Otherwise, Chinese exports are booming and other parts of their economy are
 doing far better than expected in a major pandemic.  This is very surprisi
ng given the nature of their authoritarian government.  We all know authori
tarian governments are terrible at managing pretty much anything.

In China you are suppressed and denied freedom by the government's restrict
ive lock downs.  In the western world you have the freedom to die from an o
ut of control pandemic.

I'm having trouble seeing the advantage to freedom at the moment.

Maybe we need more rioting?  How about we get the Stop the Steal idjuts and
 anti-vaxers together at the inauguration and take care of the problem once
 and for all?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Easy.  Don't test.  Don't tell.

Actual infection is much higher and perhaps much longer than publicly known.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Ed Lee does like his comforting delusions.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Bill Sloman and China does not always show you the facts, and not telling you the truth, for your own good. in their opinions.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

One of Ed Lee's comforting delusions is that he thinks he knows what the facts are.  He's great at extrapolating from false premises to bizarre conclusions, which isn't a particularly useful skill.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Why?  WHO is asking for vaccine donations (they only got 25 so far).  China has millions of doses.  They can certainly spare a few millions for their brothers.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Some Chinese vaccine is already being distributed in  Indonesia.  There are a lot of people in China who would benefit from vaccination, and any vaccine that goes overseas isn't being used on them.

https://theconversation.com/chinas-covid-vaccines-are-already-being-distributed-but-how-do-they-work-and-where-are-they-up-to-in-trials-151589

There are more takers for any Covid-19 vaccine around than there are doses, and nobody has any "spare" stock.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Fine.  But the question is why aren't they providing it to WHO.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

They can get more brownie points by giving it directly to people they want to influence.  It's a finite resource, and they aren't all that enthusiastic about currying favour with WHO at the moment.

---
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

In other words, it's a punishment for WHO's half-hearted investigations of SARS-Cov2 original.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 08:09:19 -0800 (PST), Ed Lee

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2021/01/19/china-fights-nationwide-coronavirus-explosion-two-weeks-wuhan-new-years-bash/

That's one problem with lockdowns: unless you can vaccinate
practically everyone, you can never unlock. The new version of the
virus is reported to be more contageous than the original, which makes
that dilemma worse.

The "ideal" virus would be hyper-contageous and not very dangerous. It
seems to be trending that way.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19
On Wednesday, January 20, 2021 at 11:15:57 AM UTC-5, jla...@highlandsniptec
died! This is a major resurgence in the disease. I'm not sure how they will
 manage.
own.
nwide-coronavirus-explosion-two-weeks-wuhan-new-years-bash/

It always amazes me that some people can be so in denial about the facts.
Yes, China is having a resurgence of COVID, with infection rates of 100-150
 per day, 2000 times lower than the US is seeing with a tiny fraction of th
e population.

The assertion that fighting the disease is hopeless because we would have t
o stay in perpetual lock down is absurd.  China has not been in lock down.
 They have infrequent surges in infection rates at levels which we can only
 pray to achieve.  Simply because they have the will to fight while the US
can't stop fighting each other long enough to even learn about the disease.

We have any number of viruses which are that way.  The vast majority of peo
ple get colds without consequence other than a stuffy nose for a week or tw
o.  Most  people have CMV and many other infections that cause few symptoms
 until health is so poor the disease can not be fought off any longer such
as those fighting leukemia.

How can one person be so ignorant?  Unfortunately, it's not "one" person.

Nice speech from Biden.  It's nice having a President who isn't in it to li
ne his own pockets.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

False. Only if the lockdown is a fake lockdown that doesn't work will
you have that problem.

That's the problem with you idiots, unable to think for yourselves.

--
  Jasen.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19
On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 08:14:32 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

People are still trying to tease out the origin

https://www.state.gov/fact-sheet-activity-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/

without much help from the CCP.

Until the Party can administer a couple of billion doses of vaccine,
they have to keep up locking or lying.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

Others are fairly clearly trying to blame China for the appearance of the virus, despite the absence of any evidence tha thye had anything to do with it.

Trump administration propaganda.

If you make it plain that you are intent on pinning the responsiblity for the appearance of the virus on the Chinese Communist Party, you aren't likely to get their enthusiastic cooperation in the project.

China has developed it's own vaccines against Covid-19

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-55212787

the technology is old-fashioned, and the efficacy doesn't seem to all that good - if adequate. They are already being distributed. It may take while to make enough doses to make a difference.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

And they should donate vaccines to their partner, WHO.

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

So why don't you move to China already and let us discuss electronics
for a change?

[...]

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19
ied! This is a major resurgence in the disease. I'm not sure how they will
manage.
 are doing far better than expected in a major pandemic. This is very surpr
ising given the nature of their authoritarian government. We all know autho
ritarian governments are terrible at managing pretty much anything.
rictive lock downs. In the western world you have the freedom to die from a
n out of control pandemic.

The need to leave is suddenly much less.  I'm not sure what makes me feel t
hat way.  It's 12:10 pm Tuesday Jan 20, 2021.  What could have changed?

Besides, if we stopped all the off topic threads Larkin would be so bored,
he would have to start talking about his brownies or whatever it is that he
 bakes.   The guy needs an outlet.

Yes, suddenly the country seems so much better!

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

-1

Re: OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19

-2

But many people don't understand.

--
Regards, Joerg