Subject Author Posted Replies

Noise measurement, analog mult...
So the last time I measured noise I used an analog multiplier (AD734, I was going to say ~$20, but now $35! So I'm thinking about methods to measure single channel noise (V^2, V**2) and two chan....
4
4

Auto Mouser Part Lookup
Anybody know a way to create a link to a Mouser part, by just using the part number? For example, on Digikey, if my BOM has part "NCP785AH50T1GOSCT-ND", then I can use Excel to concatenate the link:...
6
6

I'm surprised about the Tesla's abilities
23 minute video about a woman living in a Tesla. But the surprising part is what the Tesla can do.
4
4

easy jobs
21
21

What kind of glitch is this ?
WHACKY ! Bye, Skybuck.

Is there life inside of liquid crystal displays ? (LCD wave patterns)
I just did a high-speed capture of an lcd/vga monitor and it appeared some kind of pattern was showing when the monitor was blinking different colors at rapid speed, though still vertical...
3
3

complementary cmos levels
I have a fast 3.3 volt logic level that I'd like to split into inverted and non-inverted copies with minimum time skew. I think that TI once had a buffer with one input and complementary outputs, but...
11
11

Shunt Reference Problems
I?m working on a power supply design. It has 4 independent and isolated channels which use Microchip LM4040 2.5V references. It also has opto isolated readback for each channel which uses Analog...
40
40

This Ben Eater guy is a good teacher
Basic stuff, but presented in a very good way. This guy makes the best how-to videos on electronics... Reliable data transmission. Error detection: Parity checking. Checksums and Hamming distance. How...
15
15

Paste vs solder --- silver?
After 45 years of soldering experience, I'm toying with SMD and paste in an oven. Using 2 types of paste. My question is -- Generally does a paste joint have a "grayer" appearance than a hand soldered...
13
13

Re: HBT- wave noise
Etendue is the product of area and projected solid angle. It's related to the thermodynamic idea of phase space volume. I'd certainly use a diamond or carbide scriber to reduce the amount of force...
11
11

Re: Dual supply LTC4446
If you use an isolated part like the UCC21520, you can place the high and low side FET drivers wherever you like.
3
3

Hard build, but easy electronics... REALLY COOL!
I want to make one with a couple variations though...

Re: The Two Fundamentals of Engineering
wrote in news: No stopping until I die. And certainly not first. Yet you lay it out as if to be a chronological step process. So... There are more than two, but a few are... Observe Learn Observe...
8
8

Re: OT: National Popular Vote Interstate Compact
Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in news: That is why you vote at a poll first and the photo is of you, the vote sheet, and your thumbprint. The at home procedure simply verifies that you voted, not...
10
10